8 to 9 hours a night, 7 hours consistently would and does leave me fatigued. I wish I could operate on 5 like some people! I used to push it and catch up at the weekend but now I don't see the point, my job is harder when I'm tired, everything is harder.

Sleeping well and eating well makes life a lot easier and more productive.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 kids. 2 with special needs. Add to that working on the door of a night club. No set pattern of sleep.I sleep when I can lol

I think some need to work abit harder during the day.office type jobs arn't you.

The watch? ?

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

And wasting a morning ? get out get some air man??

That's what gets me up early the thought of wasting a morning.  Id been working all day until 9-10pm weekdays once and on Friday night my Mrs turned my alarms off because "I needed sleep" I woke up at 10-11 am and it ruined the day . Before you know if it's evening already . I'd rather be tired with a coffee at 8am than 11am and awake 

• Like 1

I work 4 on 4 off nights and have done for best part of 20 years, my sleeping pattern is well and truly f*cked! Nights on by time I ve dropped kids at school and go to bed it’s 10ish then I am awake every hour checking the time as scared I ll over sleep and not pick them up on time! 

Days off I am in bed by 10pm (work mate take the piss) but then up awake religiously at 4am no alarm no nothing just wide awake and feel great! I like to get kids packed lunches made and have an hour to myself before the mad rush when the wife and kids get up and the bathroom is out of action for least 2 hours!! 

2-3 a night when I'm working 5-6 when I'm not.

The last few years since moving to the mountains have been the best sleep I've ever had but I've suffered from insomnia from as far back as I can remember. Sure it takes years off your life but it's the sh*t ones at the end where you're in a home and the staff are stealing money from you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I always turn my phone screen light down to minimum when Im in bed, I usually watch something on Youtube but last about 10 minutes before nodding off lol.

My phone stays downstairs when I'm bedways, unless I need the alarm in which case it's a step away from the bed to ensure I get up, seldom need it though, usually awake before alarm.

Cheers, D.

4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

2-3 a night when I'm working 5-6 when I'm not.

The last few years since moving to the mountains have been the best sleep I've ever had but I've suffered from insomnia from as far back as I can remember. Sure it takes years off your life but it's the sh*t ones at the end where you're in a home and the staff are stealing money from you...

How do you live like that!? LOL. I'd be a f***ing zombie.

I read an article about polyphasic sleep recently. Interesting stuff. 

I used to work with someone who couldn't function without 12 hours sleep a night minimum. He'd only been awake half his life.

7 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

I always turn my phone screen light down to minimum when Im in bed, I usually watch something on Youtube but last about 10 minutes before nodding off lol.

youtube.. yeh yeh

• Haha 2