I've got one at last .......

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

........ A .177 BSA Mercury Challenger    It's not strictly 100% original, it has been tastefully restored - all of the metalwork has been reblued, the rear block has been enameled, seals ha

Lovely looking rifle Tom  - classics always are.                      I was shooting the Mercury rifle in .22 way back in the 70`s and took a hillside of vermin with them. Ayeeee to be

I did not buy it mark jonjon79 has.  That' a aweome pic mark - your airgun enthusiasm has spanned many decades! No wonder you love your classic springers so much.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, tomburras said:

Same here - and my bsa meteor, webley tracker and hw85!. Its like the old saying grandads say, i wish i knew what i know now back then. It' nice to indulge in a bit of nostalgic shooting sometimes. That is a bueaty by the way. A keeper for sure!

Definitely mate :yes:

....... It took long enough to find this so, all bar me needing a new kidney, it won't be going anywhere :thumbs:

10 hours ago, mark williams said:

Lovely looking rifle handsome Jon :good: - classics always are.

I was shooting the Mercury rifle in .22 way back in the 70`s and took a hillside of vermin with them.

IMG_0891.JPG.c7efc72f50b232fcac296f70921cf8e3.JPG

Ayeeee to be 17 again :angel::whistling:

Great addition handsome Jon. :victory:

Cheers Mark :icon_redface: :laugh: :thumbs:

Aye, I remember doing ok with my old Challenger but, I hadn't been spoilt by tuned springers and PCPs back then - I just hope I can do this one justice and put it to some good use :yes:

9 hours ago, just-A-snap said:

Enjoy for many a good day Jonjon79

All the very best for you and yours mate

Cheers Reno's :thumbs:

The bit of range time with it so far was good fun.

Hope you're well mate :thumbs:

............. How're you getting on with those standing shots? - you haven't said much about it lately.

4 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

How're you getting on with those standing shots? - you haven't said much about it lately.

Not doing much shooting at the moment mate, things in life to cope with, and medication not helping.  But worse thing happen at see. 

So if one is still breathing then all is fine Jonjon. 

All the very best for you and yours mate

• Like 1

And you will have the beeman to play with soon Jon

Si sent me a vid of him shooting it with a pellet on the breach

and it did not move .

the man is wasted as a builder honest

If your not happy with the way it looks just send it back and ill re,do it or send the hw back down to you

i think si is going to send it down from his when he is done with it .

and i had to look twice as i thought it was an air sporter to lol

top job done on her mind dont think my refurbs are that good :cray:

nice very nice

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

And you will have the beeman to play with soon Jon

Si sent me a vid of him shooting it with a pellet on the breach

and it did not move .

the man is wasted as a builder honest

If your not happy with the way it looks just send it back and ill re,do it or send the hw back down to you

i think si is going to send it down from his when he is done with it .

and i had to look twice as i thought it was an air sporter to lol

top job done on her mind dont think my refurbs are that good :cray:

nice very nice

Cheers Jimmy :thumbs:

I'm looking forward to having a go with that Beeman mate. I've been reading up on them - the yanks love them. They rate them as a mini magnum Springer :yes:

I saw Si's video - it's impressive stuff and, I'll tell you something else mate - there'll be nothing wrong at all with your work on it :good:

Besides, I never want to see that horrible little 57 ever again :laugh: :thumbs:

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Jimmy :thumbs:

I'm looking forward to having a go with that Beeman mate. I've been reading up on them - the yanks love them. They rate them as a mini magnum Springer :yes:

I saw Si's video - it's impressive stuff and, I'll tell you something else mate - there'll be nothing wrong at all with your work on it :good:

Besides, I never want to see that horrible little 57 ever again :laugh: :thumbs:

That horrible 57 is taking pride of place next to her big sister the 97

and by the time si,s done with her it will not be horrible any more lol:laugh:

• Like 1

Miss my hw35 and eighty went in a very nasty divorce ,i miss those beastys to be 15 again and have no worries eh .Got me a Supersport and keep looking for the 2 Weihrauch,s to sneak in to the cabinet whilst wifey isnt looking ,you have a cracker there Jon and i,l bet it,l deliver the good news rattin or pigeon popping  atb 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Miss my hw35 and eighty went in a very nasty divorce ,i miss those beastys to be 15 again and have no worries eh .Got me a Supersport and keep looking for the 2 Weihrauch,s to sneak in to the cabinet whilst wifey isnt looking ,you have a cracker there Jon and i,l bet it,l deliver the good news rattin or pigeon popping  atb 

Cheers mate :thumbs:

........ I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find yours - good luck ?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Very nice mate indeed, the more I see of these classic rifles the more I want a BSF b55 Bavaria,  I really miss mine, even if it was .22 lol.

WHAT TIM WITH A .22

NAAAAAAAAAAA

DONT BELIEVE YOU

TIM WITH A .22

FECK I HAVE TO SIT DOWN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1