Making money on a smallholding

Looking into ways of making a bit of extra money from my smallholding without it costing the earth to setup, ive 6acres and poultry.. i have got rid of livestock recently as they had destroyed most of the plants bushes and smaller trees in recent years.. looking for things to grow or make at minimal cost? Ive planted about 300 trees in the last month predominately willow and native trees as well as fruit bushes/trees. Heres the tough part i want to be able to generate a income of 5k per annum.. trying to think outside of the box and whilst im willing to consider air bnb im not in a good location 

20171231_153351.jpg

Poly tunnel then edible flowers they fetch good money mate, heritage tomatoes etc.

Watch them goats mate they will eat any thing and they love bark of the trees.

Good luck

Cheers Arry

Stabling horses seems popular around here with a seemingly good supply of clients prepared to pay daft money for the privilege, but depends on where you are. The Joel Salatin type intensive and sustainable farming is interesting, but most of that looks like big outlay and several years to reach profitability. I suspect Salatin himself makes more money from books and speaking than farming.

• Like 2
On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:23, forest of dean redneck said:

Weed ?

I know a few people who have paid off their smallholdings doing just that,normally in spain/Portugal though,did it in a season.

• Haha 1

Hold a few swinger camping party's over the summer... get a beer tent up (hire someone with a license, it'll save a lot of bollocks), get portaloos, water etc and charge ticket entry to 'selected' guests ?

• Like 1
Just now, mushroom said:

Hold a few swinger camping party's over the summer... get a beer tent up (hire someone with a license, it'll save a lot of bollocks), get portaloos, water etc and charge ticket entry to 'selected' guests ?

Im sure we could muster some THL representation?? THL :icon_eek:,Swingers division.....

22 hours ago, Caravan Monster said:

Stabling horses seems popular around here with a seemingly good supply of clients prepared to pay daft money for the privilege, but depends on where you are. The Joel Salatin type intensive and sustainable farming is interesting, but most of that looks like big outlay and several years to reach profitability. I suspect Salatin himself makes more money from books and speaking than farming.

An old chicken farm near here done that.

I think she put up 10 stables and charges £40 per week.she's full and all she does is supply the water.

Just now, mackem said:

I know a few people who have paid off their smallholdings doing just that,normally in spain/Portugal though,did it in a season.

Theres a few council tenants in my immediate vicinity that supplement their benefits in this manner 

• Like 2
Just now, ollieollie said:

Theres a few council tenants in my immediate vicinity that supplement their benefits in this manner 

I used to supply hydro equipment,i met massive amounts of secret gardeners.