See plenty about

Now the seasons finished there always seems to be loads of wildlife about I know it's breeding time but I'm sure there taking the piss rabbits in numbers , seen muntjac slots where never seen 1 all winter and foxes seem to be going out there way to get in the way of things , what you reckon to it brothers

Edited by Black neck

Not that I went out this season but I've had a few bunnys running across the road which I'm well happy about as I was worried that numbers were really down around me. Was out early the other morning and saw a few real young ones hopping around always nice to see 

49 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Not that I went out this season but I've had a few bunnys running across the road which I'm well happy about as I was worried that numbers were really down around me. Was out early the other morning and saw a few real young ones hopping around always nice to see 

Yeah it looks good wi the rabs but there's always the threat of the dreaded myxi hope we get away wi it again  last time were bad

loads of young rabbits about, more at work than I've ever seen there. Found 4 perfect looking still warm dead young ones and a 5th one that was kicking and thrashing about that died in my hands, likely VHD but they are fine one minute and dead the next with no symptoms that they are meant to get?

Edited by Gilbey
missed word
  • Sad 1

I stayed away from some of the land I have permission to ferret on as numbers were so low, took a walk across farm yesterday and plenty of bunnys running about but no doubt numbers will drop once disease kicks in again, also came across a young badger cub dead on field that had been torn to bits, I had a chat with farmer and he said he'd found a adult badger also dead and torn apart. He's not happy and who ever done this is given good honest field men, women a bad name. The set is on a footpath and he can not stop folk walking dogs on it. I know what I would like to do to who ever had a hand in this. I wouldn't have thought any wild UK animal would be able to kill a adult badger. The one I found only had head and one paw left. He has stopped all shooting etc on his land because of this. So good honest lads lost permission because of someones cruel actions. Anyway atb folks. 

1 hour ago, Jerry71 said:

I stayed away from some of the land I have permission to ferret on as numbers were so low, took a walk across farm yesterday and plenty of bunnys running about but no doubt numbers will drop once disease kicks in again, also came across a young badger cub dead on field that had been torn to bits, I had a chat with farmer and he said he'd found a adult badger also dead and torn apart. He's not happy and who ever done this is given good honest field men, women a bad name. The set is on a footpath and he can not stop folk walking dogs on it. I know what I would like to do to who ever had a hand in this. I wouldn't have thought any wild UK animal would be able to kill a adult badger. The one I found only had head and one paw left. He has stopped all shooting etc on his land because of this. So good honest lads lost permission because of someones cruel actions. Anyway atb folks. 

Sounds a rum do maybe a big cat like a leopard

18 minutes ago, Carraghs Gem said:

I dont much fancy puck meat tbh.. only a handful of nannys in the whole herd and couple kids so im hoping population will increase.. they are not afraid of people thats for sure

Curry goat man  jah

36 minutes ago, Penda said:

I went past a field not too far from me this morning on the way to work spotted 8 hares playing on the edge of some game cover couldn't believe it 

Sounds great I've only got 1 bin running it for 20 years and me dad and grandad ran the same 1 it's a real un

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Carraghs Gem said:

Everytime i go out now i see feral goats ?

20180420_135509.jpg

I used to catch a couple a week with a little 15kg pit, she kept all the dogs fed well.The goats around me are wild as deer.My dogs loved the meat,way beyond other meats even beef.

• Like 3