Proud to be English

48 minutes ago, scothunter said:

If it was for financial reasons they would have let him go also a costly court case etc the NHS had the perfect opportunity to wash their hands of it. Financial reasons make no sense in the argument 

It'd be a pretty terrible indictment of the NHS if after saying no the baby needs to be let to pass away the Italians managed to prove them wrong. I'm not sure I believe the establishment are quite that psychopathic but I am sure some of them at least are. Just a thought.

• Like 1

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It'd be a pretty terrible indictment of the NHS if after saying no the baby needs to be let to pass away the Italians managed to prove them wrong. I'm not sure I believe the establishment are quite that psychopathic but I am sure some of them at least are. Just a thought.

You have a lot more faith than me then mate.

Would love you to meet the Dr who has cared for that kid best part of his short life and tell him you're thoughts. 

All said and done and im guilty myself on this thread but we're spouting nothing more than half truths dramatics and conjecture. 

We know nothing of the facts of this case. Why would we no one on here are drs and none have access to the Medical file. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Would love you to meet the Dr who has cared for that kid best part of his short life and tell him you're thoughts. 

All said and done and im guilty myself on this thread but we're spouting nothing more than half truths dramatics and conjecture. 

We know nothing of the facts of this case. Why would we no one on here are drs and none have access to the Medical file. 

I’d tell him exactly what I think, and that is “you have no right to make this call, just get on with your job and keep him alive until the parents say otherwise”

The rest of your post I can’t argue with at all mate because you are of course correct.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, scothunter said:

If it was for financial reasons they would have let him go also a costly court case etc the NHS had the perfect opportunity to wash their hands of it. Financial reasons make no sense in the argument 

Court was cheaper! Simple maths mate ;)

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’d tell him exactly what I think, and that is “you have no right to make this call, just get on with your job and keep him alive until the parents say otherwise”

The rest of your post I can’t argue with at all mate because you are of course correct.

The Vatican was willing to take over his care. I would hope any Dr.. understanding the finacial implications, would have his own morals and agree: he is more interested in the possibility of success for the child and family.

2 hours ago, mushroom said:

Court was cheaper! Simple maths mate ;)

FFS this thread is going down hill rapidly, COURT CASES BEING CHEAPER THAN TREATMENT IS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT,  some of you pious arseholes could do with doing a bit of research into prior cases like this before you start spouting the shit that this thread has started, if the Vatican really is involved how much f***ing help do you think prayers will offer, Italy has already stated it`s only palliative care they can offer, nothing more or less than Alder Hay are actually DOING, do some f***ing checking up on why cases like this end up in court then start spouting shit

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

What a media circus it turned into R.I.P Alfie.

As did the last case and unfortunately when it happens again Facebook Twitter will kick into action yet again. I until then they will post pictures of their shoes.  dinner and all the other mundane shit those sites are fit for.

RIP wee man. 

• Like 2
On 27/4/2018 at 07:51, ChrisJones said:

That's the problem though, mate. You honestly think the taxpayer has a say in a government bureaucracy? On paper sure! In practice? We've fully established that it's not the place for individual liberties. If there is anything that can be done for the lad I hope they can pull it off but thoughts, prayers, and internet diagnosis aren't worth the bandwidth.

I don't think it's about money. No political party wants the bad press . They will however use it as point scoring.