Proud to be English

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can definitely understand the logic in what the doctors are saying....but speaking as a parent I'd be doing exactly what these parents are doing...I just couldn't give up on one of my kids...always

Thank you for your sentiments, Wilf, but I wasn't looking for sympathy mate. Not at all. I looked at this story, but I was also thinking of little Alfie Evans and many the many others like him. I

I'm gonna wade in here.... The waste in the NHS is fuucking disgusting! Paying ridiculous amounts to managers, stupid fees to import Drs to work the weekends from Europe and beyond, not training

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jiggy said:

I think you should take a step back on these threads wilf too be fair. This thread is similar to the abortion thread. I'll give you an example why. My first son suffered from fatal foetal abnormality. At the 20 week scan which should of been a detailed scan and because there was 120 women on the public ward things were rushed and things were missed and a quick scan was given with no abnormality and we were sent home. The 24 week scan showed a problem and we were sent to Dublin for a 2nd opinion. The top professor in Ireland Dr Fergus Malone ( google him)was sent down to tell us that our child had no fluid in the womb and his lungs and kidneys had not developed more than a 12 week foetus because of this. Fluid is important to breath in and out for the expansion of lungs and kidneys to promote growth. He had a one in a thousand chance of survival and if he did was a straight away candidate for lung and kidney transplant and a lifetime of struggle which you can't get transplant until 2 years old. We didn't have the option of abortion in Ireland which in his opinion was bullshit in this situation but nurses told us if we wanted to go to Liverpool and then we were entitled to get a fatal injection over there. We would then have to return to an Irish hospital and present ourselves as a child that had no heartbeat and then if the child is deceased then you would be given an abortion here. When the post mortem is done here if there is one , then most medical practitioners turn a blind eye to the needle mark in the child's heart because they think it's a joke that people go through that ordeal. We didn't take that option after ( and I don't begrudge anybody who did) Instead we went full term and the child ,our child was born alive and lived for 20 minutes. The nurse asked me did I want to cut the umbilical cord and I asked her what would happen if I did. She told me the umbilical cord was keeping his blood supply alive and when it was cut he would die. I told her no thanks she could do it.  He died in my arms and I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy.We had full funeral , grave, headstone the lot.   It wasn't nice  but that was our path but in no way shape or form would I dictate to another couple what their decision with their child would be. Unless you have directly been in this position wilf then I don't think you should have an opinion on what other people do unless you are a professional in this line of work. I'm glad I had that 20 minutes with him but that was our choice. It could be too hard for others.

I think I should be allowed an opinion just like anyone else......f**k me, everything from how the earth was formed to bacon sandwiches is discussed on this forum......should everyone be a f***ing Nobel prize winning scientist or Gordon f***ing Ramsey to write about it?

nah, I dont think so.

• Like 4

Says a lot about how people’s mind works when the blokes who don’t approve of dead kids end up seeming to be the villains of the piece.......that’s what’s makes this forum so interesting for me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Says a lot about how people’s mind works when the blokes who don’t approve of dead kids end up seeming to be the villains of the piece.......that’s what’s makes this forum so interesting for me.

Yeah but you don't object to dead kids if there not from your persuasive. 

5 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think I should be allowed an opinion just like anyone else......f**k me, everything from how the earth was formed to bacon sandwiches is discussed on this forum......should everyone be a f***ing Nobel prize winning scientist or Gordon f***ing Ramsey to write about it?

nah, I dont think so.

Well Gordon is a bit of a Dick so by all means work away.You have your opinion so why shouldn't everyone else if they don't agree with you.

• Like 2
Just now, jiggy said:

I object or approve of things based on being realistic and how it sits with me.......if other people want to lie and say they actually care about some Arab kid 10 thousand miles away then it’s up to them, the reality is they dont give a shit and it’s never going to effect them so why should they.

Stuff happening on your own door step you care about, or at least you should because it’s on your watch in your back yard and you can do something about it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jiggy said:

It’s the way of the world I’m afraid jiggy, it’s called looking after your own and most people are guilty of it if they were honest.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I object or approve of things based on being realistic and how it sits with me.......if other people want to lie and say they actually care about some Arab kid 10 thousand miles away then it’s up to them, the reality is they dont give a shit and it’s never going to effect them so why should they.

Stuff happening on your own door step you care about, or at least you should because it’s on your watch in your back yard and you can do something about it.

If you moved away to another country because you didn't like your door step  then why worry. You seem to be worrying about your new door step now and why they don't suit your agenda. 

36 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

What a absolute disgrace chris, ok the wee lad might not survive the trip to italy, but then again he might, air ambulance waiting at hospital ready to take the wee critter, an the judge denied it.

What a f***ing wanker of a man, alder hospital has given up on him, an withdrew treatment, so why has this c**t of a man denied them the right to life from elsewere, other doctors willing to give wee alfie the chance to fight, an try an treat him, im lost for words.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

It’s the way of the world I’m afraid jiggy, it’s called looking after your own and most people are guilty of it if they were honest.

As said earlier they are kids not cats

Just now, jiggy said:

If you moved away to another country because you didn't like your door step  then why worry. You seem to be worrying about your new door step now and why they don't suit your agenda. 

I have no idea what you are talking about but I will attempt to give you an answer......

I moved away to somewhere very sparcely populated because I couldnt stand looking at the country or the people around me any more.....it broke my f***ing heart ! 

Shit people in a wonderful country that is turning to shit in front of my eyes.......like watching your school sweetheart turn into the biggest whore in town.

• Like 2