Fibreglass roofing

Anyone do this or have any idea about pricing.. decided to try fibreglass as felt always end up leaking

Just got a quote to do a flat roof 2.2m X  4m... Base roof is about 8inch of concrete with felt over the top with a slight raised edge

Has 3 open sides as one side is attached to house

Quote was £2100 + vat

13 hours ago, jacknife said:

Does it always need a timber frame... My roof is flat concrete

The Price is working out at £286m

It did include some plastic facias

Can you explain your quote . Is that £286 per square metre or are you extremely rich and your forging out 286 million 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Can you explain your quote . Is that £286 per square metre or are you extremely rich and your forging out 286 million 

Its £2100 + vat to do a roof 2.2m X 4 m so it works out at £286 per square metre

3 hours ago, jacknife said:

Its £2100 + vat to do a roof 2.2m X 4 m so it works out at £286 per square metre

Took us a day to take the old corrugated roof off and clear the old insulation . Day to put all the timber frame and OSB board on. Fibreglassing took a day . We took more day doing the lead/facia/vents and other bits and bobs . Fibre Glasser wanted £600 for his day . 

Don't know if any of this is any help . We router back 3" from the outside edge 2-3ml . That way when they stick their edge trim on its level with the rest of roof. Normally they nail straight on and theirs a few mill ridge and water pools their . Don't think it's actually a problen but customers look outside the window and see pools of water they worry 

IMG_20180420_115222.jpg

IMG_20180420_115220.jpg

• Like 1

I worked with a bloke a few years back doing some ceilings in Clifton and they had hidden valleys in the roof space above the ceilings which were leaking water, hence the ceilings needing replacing ,  the guy suggested we fibreglass the inside of the valleys to stop it happening again, so I asked him how hard it was to do,his reply was if you give me a monkey he would be fully qualified by lunchtime, so for £285 a metre I,d watch a couple of videos on utube and crack on, it really is piece of piss 

There is an art to doing fibreglass properly, I know as I do a lot of it, I build/repair boats for a hobby.

however, it's easy to learn once you know what's needed and what it should/shouldn't look like as your laying up.