Well I like them.

54 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

‘Cracking’ stuff Nathan. I like the sound of .22 hv’s , and the smell of Eley prime ? does that make me crazy???? or is it normality?

Normal in my book mate.

Actually the breeze trickled smoke out the breech as I cradled the rifle topping the magazine up and yes the aroma was sweet :thumbs:. These were Winchester's but yes eley prime has its own smell.

Over a century ago these little bullets used a mixture of black powder and smokeless! Bet they smelled gggrrreat 8)

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Normal in my book mate.

Actually the breeze trickled smoke out the breech as I cradled the rifle topping the magazine up and yes the aroma was sweet :thumbs:. These were Winchester's but yes eley prime has its own smell.

Over a century ago these little bullets used a mixture of black powder and smokeless! Bet they smelled gggrrreat 8)

Fanbloodytastic, it’s not just me then,lol.....

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

‘Cracking’ stuff Nathan. I like the sound of .22 hv’s , and the smell of Eley prime ? does that make me crazy???? or is it normality? Morning

Normal in my book mate.

Actually the breeze trickled smoke out the breech as I cradled the rifle topping the magazine up and yes the atom was sweet :thumbs:. These were Winchester's but yes eley prime has its own smell.

Why the above was reposted I have no idea!!

Anyway look at this for an old fat man with dodgy eyes!

IMG_20180502_154008675.jpg

That's with a  7x scope, off hand at 116paces! Yes I could just make out the knot. Eley HV HP.

U.

• Like 1

Back out with the eley HV HP.

IMG_20180503_084107481.jpg

Today's total was 6 squirrel's and two jack daws. I missed a 100yd plus crow ?

I also found where a fox had just killed a hen pheasant ?

U.

• Like 3

Your title is to the point and correct in my opinion Underdog.  That is all one has to have,  Well I Like Them.  If one was to say that my car was crap, I would answer with that maybe true,  Bit It Is My Crap.

Good post and yes good images

All the very best for one and all

• Like 1

Nothing much today but out for 5am.

Sneaking about for fox but did not see any however bumped into a magpie that busy grubbing it never saw me and after what I saw a magpie do in front of me yesterday it was too much!

Yesterday while under some holly's a magpie swooped in (no safe shot). Trickled its way down into an unknown to me pigeon nest, pushes the pigeon off it's nest and pinches an egg.

Then the Maggie fly's out to an oak and buries the egg (still no shot)!

Then the swine flies to another holly and reappears with a small chick of some kind in its beak and flies off!!

Talk about frustrating!

Anyway this one this morning was having it!

IMG_20180504_055416776.jpg

U.

• Like 2

Horrible cunning vicious and better off dead ,they are in plauge numbers around here and seem to know where to hang about where you cant safely/legally shoot the blooming things 

• Like 1