pav

• 1 month later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to show people I just don' shoot the rapid I do like the impact aswell three ntes out last week

I got my thermal spotter nearly 4 year ago it was 3k the ones today same performance are a grand so there getting cheaper I still like the ward 700 digi add on but thermal just opens a whole new world

the pictures in this post its got what it came with on it but I have took the shroud and so called silencer off and started with just a hw moderater on which is ok but now iv put a a&m marksman on

Posted Images

I am interested in the Mod you have Pav, is it an Air Fective set up or have you removed the shroud and fitted a mod, if so which one as I am toying with removing the shroud in favour of a mod instead.

Phil

3 hours ago, philpot said:

I am interested in the Mod you have Pav, is it an Air Fective set up or have you removed the shroud and fitted a mod, if so which one as I am toying with removing the shroud in favour of a mod instead.

Phil

the pictures in this post its got what it came with on it but I have took the shroud and so called silencer off and started with just a hw moderater on which is ok but now iv put a a&m marksman on but im getting an adaptor made so I can put shroud back on and just screw the marksman onto it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What’s the power adjustment on the impact Pav? Min-Max range would be interesting to know. I like the idea of the impact, but I don’t need something running heavy pellets at 50ft lb. I can cover that with rimfire. Cheers?

Edited by Rimfireboy!
Bloody predictive text again

My fac .25 runs on straight adjustment from 25 - 47fpe. I have not nor going to try it but using other aspects of the Impact, I was assured I could get down to around 11fpe and certainly higher than 47fpe but who needs it.

Many of the problems with Impacts is the fact that you can 'tweek' or adjust until your hearts content but the problem is that many have buggered about with the settings taking the gun out of range of it's intended use causing all manner of issues in the process. I find by simply turning the power knob, all the adjustment is there that I may want.

I use 25.4gr pellets and find them very accurate with plenty of stopping power for a rabbit at considerable distance so no need for the heavy pellets so popular in the US.

Phil 

15 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

What’s the power adjustment on the impact Pav? Min-Max range would be interesting to know. I like the idea of the impact, but I don’t need something running heavy pellets at 50ft lb. I can cover that with rimfire. Cheers?

9ftlb to 49 ftlb

On 21/04/2018 at 19:40, pav said:

I don' want to but i have got to shoot from April til the grouse start in August on the tops then I go down to fields when season starts took best part of 2500 bunnys off last year and looks like there' more this year it' very hard work though

That's the trouble with them pesky things, they breed like rabbits ?

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

A wider range than I thought. Is that in .25 cal?

Yes but I would think you could do it in any cal I wouldn want to shoot it much on it' lowest because I have to turn the top valve right in and put dial on minimum and it' a steel pin I think it may bend looking at videos of them but just on the dial as Phil says early 20s to 49 mine will go

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pav said:

Yes but I would think you could do it in any cal I wouldn want to shoot it much on it' lowest because I have to turn the top valve right in and put dial on minimum and it' a steel pin I think it may bend looking at videos of them but just on the dial as Phil says early 20s to 49 mine will go

Thanks for that. I’d be looking at light  .25 at around 20 grains running at about 35 ft lbs I reckon. Would be good for me I think? ?  I suspect that the impact would work well at that sort of setting then? 

4 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Thanks for that. I’d be looking at light  .25 at around 20 grains running at about 35 ft lbs I reckon. Would be good for me I think? ?  I suspect that the impact would work well at that sort of setting then? 

The only pellet i have seen about that weight is h&n I have never used them in the impact but my pal is using them in his .25 rapid doing 35 ft b and it' like a laser it' deadly

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, pav said:

The only pellet i have seen about that weight is h&n I have never used them in the impact but my pal is using them in his .25 rapid doing 35 ft b and it' like a laser it' deadly

Great, thanks for that. Thought it might be a winning combination. I’m afraid my wallet is shaking in fear?, just recently bought an HW100. I can see variation time coming though ?.

I must say that after spending a bloody fortune on .25 pellets, non of the H&N pellets came anywhere near close to the JSB / AA pellets and after all, FX only use JSB in all testing and their own brand is JSB.

If you are thinking of a 20gr pellet will give you a better trajectory, DON'T worry about that as the 25.4gr flies very flat. At 65mt using my old Mamba Lite scope and the rifle zeroed at 25mt, it was only half a mildot holdover. 

Phil