Well, there's only one thing for it today .......

6 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Cheers Rob :thumbs:

That comes from time spent working in peoples houses mate.

great job on them slabs  :thumbs:   cider nice on a hot day,  1 pint be enough for me, to much and  rots your bones   lol  lager or beer iam  ok with .

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The new slabs are down, just the pointing to go and, the weather is positively summery   There's even a big fat Bumble Bee hovering around.   All that snow shite last month feels

Is one of them slabs kicking up a bit?  ....enjoy! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bird said:

great job on them slabs  :thumbs:   cider nice on a hot day,  1 pint be enough for me, to much and  rots your bones   lol  lager or beer iam  ok with .

Cheers Bird :thumbs:

I usually like a couple of Southern Comforts but, that Henry Westons does seem to go down easy.

...... Like I said earlier, Wobble juice :laugh:

Used to be self employed ground worker did loads of slabbing probably why my back gives me jip. Any way came up with a box for jointing you need 4"x 4" timber cut length way on the diagonal it used to come in cut like that for feather edge fencing. You need two pieces about the length of you slab set about 1/2" apart slopes facing each other 2 bits of plywood 8 and a half inches long for the ends so you have a box sloping inwards ( fxck wish i could draw this ). Then another piece of ply about 8"x 4" roughly but smaller than the size of your joints, make up some semidry sand a cement a hand full squeezed together should stay in a ball. Lay over the joint fill with mix and stuff in with the odd bit of ply, iron the joint with bit of pipe or brickie's pointing iron, do not brush of until dry or you will mark the slabs, best on a dry day. Hope you can under stand all this it as really works and you get a good joint as it mushrooms out under the slab and helps stop the joint from blowing.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Arry said:

Used to be self employed ground worker did loads of slabbing probably why my back gives me jip. Any way came up with a box for jointing you need 4"x 4" timber cut length way on the diagonal it used to come in cut like that for feather edge fencing. You need two pieces about the length of you slab set about 1/2" apart slopes facing each other 2 bits of plywood 8 and a half inches long for the ends so you have a box sloping inwards ( fxck wish i could draw this ). Then another piece of ply about 8"x 4" roughly but smaller than the size of your joints, make up some semidry sand a cement a hand full squeezed together should stay in a ball. Lay over the joint fill with mix and stuff in with the odd bit of ply, iron the joint with bit of pipe or brickie's pointing iron, do not brush of until dry or you will mark the slabs, best on a dry day. Hope you can under stand all this it as really works and you get a good joint as it mushrooms out under the slab and helps stop the joint from blowing.

Cheers Arry

I understand that mate :thumbs:

Cheers Arry, top tip - sounds like a really clean way of doing it :yes:

All this talk of slabbing......

Anyone in the midlands wanna come and 30m2 of slabs at my house? I’d do it myself but I’ve just remembered I have no idea what to do and I’m too bloody busy!

1 hour ago, mattyg said:

All this talk of slabbing......

Anyone in the midlands wanna come and 30m2 of slabs at my house? I’d do it myself but I’ve just remembered I have no idea what to do and I’m too bloody busy!

This shows it pretty well Matty,

Also, there's some good tips on Google :thumbs:

As long as you get each layer level, to the right depth and compacted well, you can't really go wrong.

slab_4.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

This shows it pretty well Matty,

Also, there's some good tips on Google :thumbs:

As long as you get each layer level, to the right depth and compacted well, you can't really go wrong.

slab_4.jpg

Oh I can go wrong, quite easily, but that’s usually down to mr Weston.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Resins the way,cement will allways take on a bit of moisture and when it freezes will bloe,even a 3 n 1 mix will blow.resins 25 times faster,no bad knees,no blowing,looks great.one man can do atleast 150sq mtrs in a day and more.

1 hour ago, si brown said:

have you been sacked?!

time off to lay slabs and Sundays at the range!! wtf

and that brush in sika stuff is sound jon:thumbs:

I wish mate  :laugh:

......This was one of those jobs that's been on the back burner for ages.

....... Still didn't get to the range today :rolleyes:

• Sad 1