First Person Sentenced for 'Controlling Behaviour in an Intimate Relationship' in the UK

12 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's a fair one, mate but if someone is so afraid of their circumstances to report the crimes, and we know this is genuinely the case, then the law cannot be enforced and neither can the rest. It doesn't actually tackle anything in practice. The public funds used to debate and canonise this law could have been better spent in other more productive areas, IMHO.

In fairness outside agency's dont normally become involved until theirs been a serious crime committed , stabbing or a gun crime  or a child is hospitalised  as a result of a domestic & then questions are asked , I imagine in most cases unless the social services take it out of your hands you will go back to the abuse... I guess its like Stockholm syndrome .

A few of you seem to be getting in a lather about it... if you tell the old woman she can only have 1 week in the Bahamas instead of the 2 weeks you usually have , i dont think she will have you carted off & prosecuted:laugh:

• Haha 1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BH I think you are making light of a huge problem. Controlling behaviour is not just being occasionally critical or cruel. It's a method of destroying another human being. Slowly drip by drip over tim

It reminds me of Educating Rita...she was married & worked as a hair dresser ..her old man wanted the stereotypical family & sat night in the pub having a sing song with the family...she wasnt

These 'man up and show her who's boss comments' are all well and good but the article paints this bloke as vulnerable due to his condition...I sure as hell ain't gonna look down on the bloke for not c

Posted Images

Just now, jukel123 said:

Born you appear to have aligned yourself with the alt right. I did not suggest you were that mad. However, let's run with that. You do have sympathy with the crazy Americans who defend their gun laws.Even though thousands of innocent yanks are killed and maimed annually for an ideal: the freedom to bear arms. I think the freedom to walk down the street and go to school without being shot is a far greater freedom.

Was this fella aligned with the alt right too? You really fail to understand certain freedoms and rights that are considered fundamental in liberal democracy. Lets not do the gun debate fella, that won't be an easy ride for you.

main-qimg-c87691133af564cd801441424fc70212.png

5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

You say smokers are bullied by non smokers. I say shite, look at the nosedive heart attack rates have experienced since the new legislation. Look at the projected number of lives saved by people not being subjected to passive smoking at work. I've always lived by the maxim that you can do what you want in life as long as you don't hurt others. You seem to believe you can do what you want and f**k everybody else, that laws are something put in place to restrict your freedoms. But at the end of the day,logically,you are aligning yourself with the murderous gun man, the 'I don't give a f**k' smoker and the abusive controlling domestic abuser.

Again, you monumentally misunderstand where I am. You've spent too long hating the Tories to see what I write objectively. I'm not kicking this rock any longer fella. :thumbs:

Just now, ChrisJones said:

Have to disagree with you on this one, mate. That couldn't be further from the truth. :thumbs:

Depends how simplisticly you look at politics as we discussed on your thread mate. If I was childish I could have gone in for the counter "your a nazi" but I'm trying to keep the level of debate above that. :laugh:

Cheers anyway. A few folks can see me for what I am. When those on the left think you're far right and those on the right think you're far left then you've made progress!

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Was this fella aligned with the alt right too? You really fail to understand certain freedoms and rights that are considered fundamental in liberal democracy. Lets not do the gun debate fella, that won't be an easy ride for you.

main-qimg-c87691133af564cd801441424fc70212.png

Born your breathtaking arrogance knows no bounds! Firstly you quote Orwell to me. Believe me I am more familiar with Orwell's writings than you. Secondly, you threaten me with your alleged towering intellectual superiority with regard to gun laws.I remain unafraid. Good night.

5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Born your breathtaking arrogance knows no bounds! Firstly you quote Orwell to me. Believe me I am more familiar with Orwell's writings than you. Secondly, you threaten me with your alleged towering intellectual superiority with regard to gun laws.I remain unafraid. Good night.

Arrogance! :laugh: you schooled me in that fella with your "You have no idea what you're talking about preaching from your lofty middle class heights" and then telling me I'm aligned with the alt right and by default a crazy gun person. Telling me how I believe in a free for all ffs. Don't pretend you didn't walk right into a well deserved dose of arrogance.

Nice dodge though. With all your knowledge of Orwell (why do you think I picked him :whistling:) tell me if he's aligned with the crazy gun people because his views on societies right to bear arms are very similar to mine?

Edited by Born Hunter

It's a good job they added "intimate relationships" into the wording of the legislation. Otherwise the government would be guilty of crushing the life out of the electorate by telling us what we can do, what we can say, what we can think, how much we can eat or drink, and generally being cuntish. 

11 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Orwell was referring to a normal individual's right to own a weapon. Not the drug crazed,the vioelent criminal or the child psycho with a grudge. 

Orwell knew that a citizens right to bear arms was necessary for fighting a tyrannical government. That's a bit more than just a right to own a gun.

This is ridiculously tangential.

Look mate, I apologise if I've been a dick with you, whether I felt it justified or not it's a shit play and achieves nothing. 

Edited by Born Hunter

Born we are so far apart there's no point in continuing the discussion. Governments exert control over their citizens in all sorts of sophisticated ways. They don't have to resort to brute force. You could have as many guns as you like but if they close down the internet or the banks or the food supply we will all be fecked within days. In any case to take the gun argument to its logical conclusion, we should all have nuclear missiles tucked away to save us from tyrannical governments. I just don't it  get it ,presumably you don't understand my position either. Let's leave it there. Good night ..again.

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Depends how simplisticly you look at politics as we discussed on your thread mate. If I was childish I could have gone in for the counter "your a nazi" but I'm trying to keep the level of debate above that. :laugh:

Cheers anyway. A few folks can see me for what I am. When those on the left think you're far right and those on the right think you're far left then you've made progress!

Ahh yes, you can't beat Godwin's Law. Unless it's a THL honeybadger!

1 hour ago, Kay said:

A few of you seem to be getting in a lather about it... if you tell the old woman she can only have 1 week in the Bahamas instead of the 2 weeks you usually have , i dont think she will have you carted off & prosecuted:laugh:

:laugh:

I don't either but then again Mrs Jones is a damn good shot with a Glock 19!

• Haha 1