Fell terrier cross

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The brothers bitch father is patterdale and dam is full whippet about 5mths.. Should be interesting to see how it works out. Def plenty of character.

cant believe i found this. not the best image but the little bitch is the first cross fellterrier.x. greyhound. the black n tan was 15 tts and he was the sire. the two pot lickers in the centre where

This thread has been done before I think so I apologise. I've been wondering about this cross for various reasons I'll not waste too much time on. Done a bit of searching and found what doesn't surpri

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

But then again a proper digging beddy not kc shit would probably yap just as much

Not from what i seen pal i must admit. Never seen a dog make the noise they do even around kennels.they bred to be proper noisy aint they for the boar n that.

3 minutes ago, C.green said:

Not from what i seen pal i must admit. Never seen a dog make the noise they do even around kennels.they bred to be proper noisy aint they for the boar n that.

Mine aren't noisy in kennels but they do scream if you make them watch another dog doing abit, theres different lines for ontop work and digging lines can't speak for my brown n tan dog yet but the black dog I own would be completely useless for boar if he gets off the lead there's good chance you won't get him back, he's not much good for anything other than digging 

12 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Earlier on in this thread I posted a pic of a jagd whippet that a yank member on here had. IIRC he got rid because it would NOT speak. Lol

Real smart looking animal imo. Reckoned it was fast too.

I think most dogs that yap do so because they are physically not fast enough to catch and get frustrated or been entered to young, if you picked a racey pup and didn't run it too early have half a chance of it not yapping

• Like 2

as you say most dogs. I have seen dogs yap and still catch it's quarry. there are many theories on yapping be it entering too young, pure excitement. etc. thing is a dog yaps or it doesn't you will never change that. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I think most dogs that yap do so because they are physically not fast enough to catch and get frustrated or been entered to young, if you picked a racey pup and didn't run it too early have half a chance of it not yapping

true that, i seen a real nice parson terrier  the other day, leggy  and well put together dog, not sure how fast they are , but for mooching and bushing i reckon they be good dogs. ok not lamping dogs but around holes with ferrets etc, they soon be on a rabbit  quick. the only  thing put me off them was the price fookin £700 quid , mind you norm type jacks are fetching £250 quid. but suppose there all jumping on this breeding pup wagon , these daft  designer  type dogs cockerpoos etc fect £1grand  name of the game today

6 minutes ago, bird said:

true that, i seen a real nice parson terrier  the other day, leggy  and well put together dog, not sure how fast they are , but for mooching and bushing i reckon they be good dogs. ok not lamping dogs but around holes with ferrets etc, they soon be on a rabbit  quick. the only  thing put me off them was the price fookin £700 quid , mind you norm type jacks are fetching £250 quid. but suppose there all jumping on this breeding pup wagon , these daft  designer  type dogs cockerpoos etc fect £1grand  name of the game today

Build wouldn't bother me when breeding to a greyhound tbh hybrid vigour levels out most plus there will always be pups thatvthrow to the greyhound which would be the ones to keep.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't understand what it would offer that a Beardie or Wheaten cross can't bring? The tried and tested are usually the best, these fad crosses have all been tried before I can assure you. 

• 1 month later...
On 05/05/2018 at 20:14, pollypocket said:

The brothers bitch father is patterdale and dam is full whippet about 5mths..

Should be interesting to see how it works out. Def plenty of character.

IMG_20180503_165838.jpg

IMG_20180505_201652.jpg

Hi PP any updated pics of your brothers bitch & what height has she made? Lovely looking pup. Atb

• Like 1
On 25/07/2019 at 21:08, Jobi said:

Can't understand what it would offer that a Beardie or Wheaten cross can't bring? The tried and tested are usually the best, these fad crosses have all been tried before I can assure you. 

A working pedigree for a start.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1