Fell terrier cross

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The brothers bitch father is patterdale and dam is full whippet about 5mths.. Should be interesting to see how it works out. Def plenty of character.

cant believe i found this. not the best image but the little bitch is the first cross fellterrier.x. greyhound. the black n tan was 15 tts and he was the sire. the two pot lickers in the centre where

This thread has been done before I think so I apologise. I've been wondering about this cross for various reasons I'll not waste too much time on. Done a bit of searching and found what doesn't surpri

Posted Images

? My bedlington whippet x Patterdale, great ferreting bitch, good busher and if she marks something is home and she follows a line as good as any. My whippets catch rate as gone up loads with this little bitch about. I don't know why field men don't use fell x greyhound and whippet more, I have seen lakeland x greyhound and they looked handy as well, here's a pic of my little bitch gypsy. 

IMG_20170312_155856.jpg

• Like 7
37 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

just seen some 3/4 terrier 1/4 lurcher pups on preloved, maybe too much terrier for you

beddy whippet to a patt? Yeah saw them too. Yeah probably too much, I want it to stand a chance of catching a rabbit, lol.

A second generation or line bred beddy whippet might be the most practical option in truth. Then again I'm in no rush and every now and then a patt whippet does come about. It's just finding something bred 'right'.

32 minutes ago, Jerry71 said:

I put a whippet over my little bitch and all are doing fine, all look racey and I get good feed back of there progress, all have made good ferreting, ratting dogs. 

It might just be the angle but she looks to have thrown well to the whippet herself. Thick build on her but still that 1/4 whippet seems to have carried. Reminds me of a mates bitch from a few years ago. The one lurcher I wish I had owned and infact turned down at the time. A line bred beddy whippet I think, though unknown to us the exact mix. Tiny but so much fun.

• 3 weeks later...

cant believe i found this. not the best image but the little bitch is the first cross fellterrier.x. greyhound. the black n tan was 15 tts and he was the sire. the two pot lickers in the centre where mine lol.

mog - Copy.jpg

• Like 12
17 hours ago, pollypocket said:

The brothers bitch father is patterdale and dam is full whippet about 5mths..

Should be interesting to see how it works out. Def plenty of character.

IMG_20180503_165838.jpg

IMG_20180505_201652.jpg

Cracking pup I just don't get why folk don't use fells more in lurchers. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Busher100 said:

What was she like on fox's hjckcff was she to small or did she do it single handed?

she went to wales. i was told she was keen and started well. but was killed on the road around a year old so we will never know for sure

On 05/05/2018 at 20:14, pollypocket said:

The brothers bitch father is patterdale and dam is full whippet about 5mths..

Should be interesting to see how it works out. Def plenty of character.

IMG_20180503_165838.jpg

IMG_20180505_201652.jpg

On 05/05/2018 at 22:10, hjckcff said:

cant believe i found this. not the best image but the little bitch is the first cross fellterrier.x. greyhound. the black n tan was 15 tts and he was the sire. the two pot lickers in the centre where mine lol.

mog - Copy.jpg

Two smart little lurchers. Thanks for posting.