1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Can ye make a knife out a stainless, for the lazy type a guy😂

Not without fancy cryogenic treatment etc. I havn't used it but D2 is rust resistant and relatively easy to work with.

Just now, GruffaloGriff said:

Not without fancy cryogenic treatment etc. I havn't used it but D2 is rust resistant and relatively easy to work with.

Thought it would be summat simular as only stainless ones I ever seen seem to be mass produced? I don’t think he got a forge or anything but I do know he got a power hamer an drill an sanders an stuff, so maybe I’ll reuse summat rather than start from scratch, have got some ole shears but I don’t think they gonna work maybe past there best😳 I’ll have a hint about an find some sort a blade or summat😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sussex said:

I’m just clearing my workshop ( in preparation to downsize ) of all the really useful stuff that was definitely coming in handy , some of which has been here 15 years

you may have not used it for 15 years but i can guarantee in the next month you will be looking for it now it's gone:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, GruffaloGriff said:

you may have not used it for 15 years but i can guarantee in the next month you will be looking for it now it's gone:laugh:

You just know that will happen ...:doh:

• Like 1

On 12/04/2018 at 18:32, sussex said:

Best blocks are maple ..

Or if you know a tree surgeon get them to save you a lump of sycamore .It was commonly used as butcher's blocks as it can be a b*gger to split when seasoned.

On 16/04/2018 at 11:36, socks said:

If world war three ever happens and civilisation has to start from scratch I'm going to live next door to griff ... his family could build a town from scratch I reckon ... bloody talented family fair play ......

I reckon if you gave Griff a jam jar and a piece of string he could make a nuclear reactor  

• Like 1

Hi guys.  Somehow I know you know I've been a bit quiet. My best friend, brother Ian died suddenly of some so of heart problem. As regards this thread, I have been tasked with sorting out his belongings which is a major headache. Ian lived near Melrose in the Scottish Borders and was a well known plasterer, rough caster, tiler, just the kind of guy you'd want to know. I started on all his building belongings and soon realised that things were bigger then I thought. 3 Lorry loads of scaffolding, three skips so scrap metal, three skips of general throw away and still not sorted out vehicles and personal registrations. When I read the comments, particularly from Griff, I realise the value of 'stuff' that we collect and wonder where and when they might come in handy! I've a Landrover, Defender, a beautiful multi purpose mini digger, oh the list is endless and I'm getting maudlin. Good night guys. Crying again. Jok.

• Like 1

Real bad news mate, condolences to you and your family.

R.I.P. Ian.

D.