• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah yes, i was thinking the vertical grille wasn't quite M.F but couldn't think quite what it was. I have a 1953 MF TEF 20 i re-built the body work on from old stainless steel sinks and washing ma

Yes pine is soft but......for a couple of carcasses a year they would probably do fine as a a handy chopping block. You could laminate them in oak flooring boards if you wanted a harder wearing surfac

In fact nothing original of the bodywork left, it's all been bodged from bits and bat's ? 

Posted Images

Is that a can of nitro ? 

Mines just a work horse, so looks not as important as the running. Did half shafts and brakes last year, so I can stop it now, rather than a ditch or strainer. Use it launch the boat too, they don't like sea water, hence brakes and half shaft bearings. 

Dextas were blue originally. 

20170130_231818.jpg

20170130_231938.jpg

We just wash clothes in our washing machine and when it goes wrong I take it to the tip ....never thought to turn it into a vintage tractor...only the Griff would or could ...brilliant Griff .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, sussex said:

We just wash clothes in our washing machine and when it goes wrong I take it to the tip ....never thought to turn it into a vintage tractor...only the Griff would or could ...brilliant Griff .

Good stainless on sinks and washer drums, is a pig to work with, but if ya have the know how like Griff, is very useful. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, sussex said:

My washer is 25 years old, got it as a wedding present:laugh:. Zanusi FL828 made back in the day when things were built to last, drum 2 half's bolted together so it can be split to change the bearings. Now a days they are made in one piece so once the bearings go they are scrap. 3 kids and probably averaged 3 washes per day over it's lifetime......27,375 estimated washes to date... problem is i keep fixing it so it hasn't died yet........i take plenty home from the tip though.:thumbs:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GruffaloGriff said:

My washer is 25 years old, got it as a wedding present:laugh:. Zanusi FL828 made back in the day when things were built to last, drum 2 half's bolted together so it can be split to change the bearings. Now a days they are made in one piece so once the bearings go they are scrap. 3 kids and probably averaged 3 washes per day over it's lifetime......27,375 estimated washes to date... problem is i keep fixing it so it hasn't died yet........i take plenty home from the tip though.:thumbs:

Most people look at the tip to get rid of rubbish, you look at it like a shop ..:laugh:.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, sussex said:

Most people look at the tip to get rid of rubbish, you look at it like a shop ..:laugh:.. 

I'm pretty much the same, I generally come back with more than I went with, I can't bear to throw things away, my workshop in and around resembles a junk yard, but it might come in handy one day ?

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm pretty much the same, I generally come back with more than I went with, I can't bear to throw things away, my workshop in and around resembles a junk yard, but it might come in handy one day ?

I’m just clearing my workshop ( in preparation to downsize ) of all the really useful stuff that was definitely coming in handy , some of which has been here 15 years , moved countless times and is the same condition as when I stored it apart from two inches of dust layered on it ..stuff like a little compressor that runs of the pto drive of the tractor , given me by a mate who’s dad gave it to him , he never used it in ten years , I’ve had it eleven years I’ve never used it , I’ve now given it to a mate who has a farm , “ it will come in handy if I ever need to blow a tractor tyre up in the field “  he said  ....my exact words eleven years ago ..the list is endless ...even found a church pew I bought years ago to put in the barn , under a cover ....the amount of stuff I need to move is frightening.look what else I found ...leaning against the tool box ..:whistling:

408E38C2-E7C3-4259-9790-9E4AA5E31536.thumb.jpeg.f17a937f7bd2ff0b7b641ff45a8d8e8b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Gav said:

That sounds familiar:whistling:

Junk.......the proper word is obtainium.;)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, sussex said:

I’m just clearing my workshop ( in preparation to downsize ) of all the really useful stuff that was definitely coming in handy , some of which has been here 15 years

you may have not used it for 15 years but i can guarantee in the next month you will be looking for it now it's gone:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2