Dogs dinners

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bate dat...lol

2/3days worth feeds 5 terriers and a lurcher, around £8/10,got a guy sorts out 12kg of fresh chicken backs £2.50, anything edible from side of road and nights lamping goes in dog freezer, bag of biscu

Posted Images

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:55, Black neck said:

You only feed a third of a pound for a meal or am I reading it wrong

The butcher sorts me out usually get about over half pound of those pulls, feed about 200g plus handful steamed kale, spinach etc or raw carrot. In the morning whatever porridge I have left over, sometimes sardines or yoghurt. Chicken pieces, mince, hearts, pulls  I feed around 200g portion plus veg. Chicken backs, meaty bones is just by eye, so I guess it all evens out.

got a freebie from the butchers, this is tonights ... that's 2 meals and get carrier bags of the bones for freeWIN_20180416_14_13_26_Pro.thumb.jpg.c0e983e463c800226d9d25fa5083d143.jpgWIN_20180415_18_53_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.b00625913e2d97e5d0947de7357eccd5.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, robertb123 said:

The butcher sorts me out usually get about over half pound of those pulls, feed about 200g plus handful steamed kale, spinach etc or raw carrot. In the morning whatever porridge I have left over, sometimes sardines or yoghurt. Chicken pieces, mince, hearts, pulls  I feed around 200g portion plus veg. Chicken backs, meaty bones is just by eye, so I guess it all evens out.

got a freebie from the butchers, this is tonights ... that's 2 meals and get carrier bags of the bones for freeWIN_20180416_14_13_26_Pro.thumb.jpg.c0e983e463c800226d9d25fa5083d143.jpgWIN_20180415_18_53_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.b00625913e2d97e5d0947de7357eccd5.jpg

Good stuff Robert a lad off here put me onto a good raw suppliers so I can get summat than just mince , I get chicken lamb trowts and tripe mix it wi soaked biscuit but as you can see it's a bit of a mash up chicken necks and lamb ribs I'm after

22 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Good stuff Robert a lad off here put me onto a good raw suppliers so I can get summat than just mince , I get chicken lamb trowts and tripe mix it wi soaked biscuit but as you can see it's a bit of a mash up chicken necks and lamb ribs I'm after

Used to feed a lot of chicken necks, good for feeding pups, but I rarely see them now, it's easier to get the chicken carcasses, don't know why,  dog gets lucky at xmas, turkey neck and the big parsons nose! 

What are trowts?

I think if a dogs getting a good variety of raw, you don't need biscuits, what do others think?

• Like 1
Just now, robertb123 said:

Used to feed a lot of chicken necks, good for feeding pups, but I rarely see them now, it's easier to get the chicken carcasses, don't know why,  dog gets lucky at xmas, turkey neck and the big parsons nose! 

What are trowts?

I think if a dogs getting a good variety of raw, you don't need biscuits, what do others think?

Your right I put the biscuit in to Mel it go further with 4 dog's I need a fair bit

3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Throwts are the striped out necks it's about 50/50meat to fat

Gotcha, sounds good. When m y mum sees what I feed the dog, she's like "we used to eat stuffed hearts", can remember my dad eating pigs trotters, tripe, chewing on chicken necks etc (he had a nice shiny coat tho!) guess tastes have changed

• Like 1