Dogs dinners

5 hours ago, shaaark said:

Looks like some decent scran there mate. You eat any of it yourself?

only the young uns..them billys stink to fook...im out in the morning to see if we can find a few kids  for the table ...more of an excuse to get a walk in than anything ..the goats are gone very scarce due to hard cull 2 years back by the forestry department 

• Like 3

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bate dat...lol

2/3days worth feeds 5 terriers and a lurcher, around £8/10,got a guy sorts out 12kg of fresh chicken backs £2.50, anything edible from side of road and nights lamping goes in dog freezer, bag of biscu

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

only the young uns..them billys stink to fook...im out in the morning to see if we can find a few kids  for the table ...more of an excuse to get a walk in than anything ..the goats are gone very scarce due to hard cull 2 years back by the forestry department 

Are they are virmin species 

we went out 3 weeks ago and found 10 shot and left to rot ,so yeah you can be sure they pissed someone off lol...yeah when they were in 3 different mobs they were a proper nuisance ..eating the grass and hedging on the drive way up to the landowners house,,,he was not impressed..i took loads of them out over a 4 years period,,possibly over 200,but then i got very busy at work and couldnt get out there as often and they ran riot for a bit ...the forestry crowd came in heavy handed and killed over 60 in 2 weeks ...i was doing it regularly,but always leaving enough to replenish the numbers for the next year,,not these boyos ..cut them to the quick they did ..but their coming back in numbers again...if they are left for a bit we will have sport in the next year or so...

• Like 4

Is it out here west of Dunmanway where your perm is Jigsaw? I only ask as I've noticed a drop in numbers and found a few left to rot too. I hate to see the waste as I eat younger ones and, like you, I'd take older ones for the dogs. Know what you mean about the billies when in the rut. Can you imagine having one in the car with you? :D:bad:

Blackneck, Coillte (the Irish state forestry organisation) don't like them as they damage young trees in plantations. They are tolerated in low numbers but once they start to increase the damage becomes noticeable. Same with the deer. Coillte have an open forest policy which means that since their forests are owned by the taxpayer, you are allowed to walk freely in them except when felling operations are taking place and if the shooting tenant is shooting they are supposed to put up signs to warn you. Very nice of them I say.?

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Is it out here west of Dunmanway where your perm is Jigsaw? I only ask as I've noticed a drop in numbers and found a few left to rot too. I hate to see the waste as I eat younger ones and, like you, I'd take older ones for the dogs. Know what you mean about the billies when in the rut. Can you imagine having one in the car with you? :D:bad:

Blackneck, Coillte (the Irish state forestry organisation) don't like them as they damage young trees in plantations. They are tolerated in low numbers but once they start to increase the damage becomes noticeable. Same with the deer. Coillte have an open forest policy which means that since their forests are owned by the taxpayer, you are allowed to walk freely in them except when felling operations are taking place and if the shooting tenant is shooting they are supposed to put up signs to warn you. Very nice of them I say.?

Yep same patch .....you shooting them MF?....there was 4 young lads shot over a dozen a few weeks back...they were identified and im told were chastised by the farmer renting the land for letting them rot whdre they fell

2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Yep same patch .....you shooting them MF?....there was 4 young lads shot over a dozen a few weeks back...they were identified and im told were chastised by the farmer renting the land for letting them rot whdre they fell

Well i like a tender bit of bone less goat jah bless

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

No, I don't own a rifle. I've thought about it but it's too many hoops to jump through. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

No, I don't own a rifle. I've thought about it but it's too many hoops to jump through. 

thats 5 different crews hunting the goats so...i think my farmer friend met you 2-3 years ago possibly.english chap he said ..kinda hippyish lol..

12 hours ago, jigsaw said:

thats 5 different crews hunting the goats so...i think my farmer friend met you 2-3 years ago possibly.english chap he said ..kinda hippyish lol..

I'm not really hunting as such when I'm in that area. I go walking there on a regular basis as I get some of my dogmeat there and there're some decent walks, for me and for the dogs. I like to pick a testing route with some ups and downs and possibly a bit of scrambling involved. For hunting I go usually not too far from my house for a few rabbits or further north, closer to kerry for more adventurous outings. I do have permission on a good rabbity bit near Dunmanway though, and a couple round Ballineen area.

I bet you've seen a drop in sika numbers where you shoot? I nearly always used to see at least one there but only do occasionally now. Still seem plenty of hares on the rougher ground but they seem to stay in the forest blocks mostly, maybe because of all the buzzards. Too many people chasing too little game around Dunmanway. Pity as I enjoy seeing it all when I'm walking, goats, deer, buzzards, hares etc. I've even seen sea eagles and pine martens but that would be further north and west.

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:10, Busher100 said:

My dogs have eaten the worst stuff you can imagine rotting seagulls at the beach and rats more times than I can remember and have been none the worse for wear. Meat that is fit for human consumption is more than safe for dogs. They say in that article it can make your dog Ill or whatever if so find a case of a dog becoming ill after raw meat. I wouldn't be surprised if these scientists investigations was funded by dry dog food company's as they are realising more people ( pet owners and working dog owners) are converting to raw. As for the fella at the bottom saying there is no proof some dog allergies are helped by a raw diet there is. if a dog is allergic to grain it does not make sense to feed dry food which many of contain grains as their main component. I know someone is going to say " some are grain free" true but they are for the most part expensive far more expensive than a good raw diet. jmho

Dogs eat carrion, but they also sniff each other’s arses, roll in fox cr*p, drink from rancid puddles and clean themselves using their tongue. Raw meat is the least of our worries. Saying that dogs are not wolves. They are fine on a raw diet but it’s worth remember that dogs and humans have co evolved to eat the same stuff.

10 hours ago, jigsaw said:

Lol didnt think of that..

It is true though.....you from our end steve ?

No Leitrim mate but I remember in the early 90s loads of hippy types couldn't hack it here and headed down that way, presumed a few stayed ?