Is this legit ?

Personally I don't think the cookie monster is the most mentally balanced person to be handing weapons to, big bird would have been better as he hasn't got hands to use them :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, robertb123 said:

Years ago the police had a knife amnesty bin in Brockley, sarf London, handcuffed to the railings outside the police station ... you guessed it, it got nicked

I used to work in Brockley - I'm not saying it's rough, but the muggers go round in pairs, for safety !

• Like 1

Does this not reflect on the mindset of plod. If you walk round with a weapon for percieved self protection. who is suddenly going to think ...... Bing !!! _._._ "Do you know what, i'm being rather silly carrying this machete down my trouser leg". "I think that I will go and dump this in that bin over there". Yeah right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

Does this not reflect on the mindset of plod. If you walk round with a weapon for percieved self protection. who is suddenly going to think ...... Bing !!! _._._ "Do you know what, i'm being rather silly carrying this machete down my trouser leg". "I think that I will go and dump this in that bin over there". Yeah right.

Same as with the gun amnesties, the only guns that seem to be given up are old air rifles and firearms from pensioners who probably got them off their granddads, when the plod display them it looks like an episode of the antiques roadshow

It would almost make more sense for plod to reissue hand in's back to deserving fellows to protect themselves. Arm everyone. We might as well float all sorts of stupid ideas. Plod does.

• Like 1