American Bulldog mauls owner

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have an ACD that we rescued about 18 months ago. We reckon he's somewhere between 5-8 but can't be sure. Abuse case, had the shit kicked out of him. No teeth in half of his top jaw because of the ki

If a proper manwork dog gets hold of you you're not smashing it's head against anything.What you're doing is going into shock very quickly.

There is an old established law on THL that states , In the event of a conflict thread going past 4 pages the odds of a honeybadger being mentioned increases by 10% with every post .

Posted Images

Mate of mine old man took a dog on bought from Cornwall somewhere was massive type was brilliant for about 4 weeks then almost over night turned into a complete savage! They sent it away with one of there pals who was a police dog handler and trainer for around 3 weeks but he couldn't do out with the dog they ended up putting it down before something like that happened. It had to have a mussel on at all times apart from eating they had to keep it in there kitchen untill my pals dad got home each day. You never know what your really taking on when you get a older dog unless you know who your getting from and have known the thing since a pup.

• Like 4

And as for the spayed shite that's just a theory could have been a number of things. Brakes me all these people saying there animal behaviourists and all that .... Maybe so but if an animal comes from a troubled past unless you have alot of experience with troubled dogs your average animal behaviorist is out of their depth in my opinion 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

too many of these stories these days...

My opinion... Never have a dog you couldn't fight and beat yourself. . . . You just never know these days.

I had a Patterdale a long long time ago that would have chewed your face off given half a chance.. It Didn't stay in the gean pool.

I have an ACD that we rescued about 18 months ago. We reckon he's somewhere between 5-8 but can't be sure. Abuse case, had the shit kicked out of him. No teeth in half of his top jaw because of the kicking. When he was found he had to go under a general anaesthetic to have the ticks removed from his eyelids and ear canals.

Very skittish around people. A tendency to lash out when you got too close. Understandable IMHO. Many would have given him the needle but I just felt like I needed to work with him. I just tried to stay calm and consistent and exercise the pads off him... He's turned out quite alright given the time. Like @Saltmoon said earlier on your average behaviourist is out of there depth with these kinds of animals and while I'd never sit here and claim to be an expert sometimes it just clicks, sometimes it doesn't. Very rewarding when it does though...

C1.jpg.12157262f49d2cd9180c6939a224f410.jpg

• Like 12
3 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

And as for the spayed shite that's just a theory could have been a number of things. Brakes me all these people saying there animal behaviourists and all that .... Maybe so but if an animal comes from a troubled past unless you have alot of experience with troubled dogs your average animal behaviorist is out of their depth in my opinion 

Becoming an "animal behaviourist" can be done online, as can 'canine nutritionalist' and many other titles with letters after their names......and as an industry, is somewhat unregulated.   

http://www.britishcollegeofcaninestudies.com

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, littlefish said:

Becoming an "animal behaviourist" can be done online, as can 'canine nutritionalist' and many other titles with letters after their names......and as an industry, is somewhat unregulated.   

http://www.britishcollegeofcaninestudies.com

Well I didn't know that I thought they'd at least have to go to college for a few years. It's bad that anyone can get this and people will then pay good money for a half assed job 

4 hours ago, vin said:

My opinion... Never have a dog you couldn't fight and beat yourself. . . . You just never know these days.

I had a Patterdale a long long time ago that would have chewed your face off given half a chance.. It Didn't stay in the gean pool.

spot on vin ,  i see few of these  paid  dog walkers on my walks , and ok they helping somebody out   who carnt walk there own dog or dogs, they helped my son few times with his little jack x woody lol, but she takes nice easy going  type dogs , and most are like cockerpoos , labs, small to mid size dogs , not 125 lb a/b/d    or rottie, gsd size dogs .  having been round bull breeds since a kid, i know what 40-50lb  staff or pit  can do, and 10st bull mastiff  when they kick off .  you right mate  stick to what easy to handle , and the right temp  to go  with it .     :thumbs:  sent  you a pm 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on vin ,  i see few of these  paid  dog walkers on my walks , and ok they helping somebody out   who carnt walk there own dog or dogs, they helped my son few times with his little jack x woody lol, but she takes nice easy going  type dogs , and most are like cockerpoos , labs, small to mid size dogs , not 125 lb a/b/d    or rottie, gsd size dogs .  having been round bull breeds since a kid, i know what 40lb  staff or pit  can do, and 10st bull mastiff  when they kick off .  you right mate  stick to what easy to handle , and the right temp  to go  with it .     :thumbs:  sent  you a pm 

Never understood why folks buy a dog, grand or more then pay some cnut £10 per hr to walk them, I just finished working on a big housing development, every person who moved in that had a dog, frenchies and those furry f***ing handbag dogs was paying a guy and his Mrs to walk their dogs, leaving keys under mats for them to stroll into your house and walk your dogs, I shit you not the guy and his Mrs ran a dog walking bisness, they had 2 top of the range vw transporters, kitted out ?fuckers living in their own £650,000 home on the site?I used to pass him in a lay by on my way home most nights, cnut be sat reading a paper, spray the dogs feet with some water, and drop them off?‍♂️and the lazy mugs are paying for that ??? f***ing unbelievable if your life's to hectic to walk your own dog get a f***ing goldfish lol?

• Like 6

What qualifies these c**ts as professional dog walkers.Ive been working at various spots on the south downs between Brighton and Eastbourne the last few days and they seem to be in every carpark getting packs of up to 10 dogs out of their vans at a time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

What qualifies these c**ts as professional dog walkers.Ive been working at various spots on the south downs between Brighton and Eastbourne the last few days and they seem to be in every carpark getting packs of up to 10 dogs out of their vans at a time.

Pass a criminal record check and some liability insurance and your off lol. 

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Never understood why folks buy a dog, grand or more then pay some cnut £10 per hr to walk them, I just finished working on a big housing development, every person who moved in that had a dog, frenchies and those furry f***ing handbag dogs was paying a guy and his Mrs to walk their dogs, leaving keys under mats for them to stroll into your house and walk your dogs, I shit you not the guy and his Mrs ran a dog walking bisness, they had 2 top of the range vw transporters, kitted out ?fuckers living in their own £650,000 home on the site?I used to pass him in a lay by on my way home most nights, cnut be sat reading a paper, spray the dogs feet with some water, and drop them off?‍♂️and the lazy mugs are paying for that ??? f***ing unbelievable if your life's to hectic to walk your own dog get a f***ing goldfish lol?

That's exactly what I was saying to my pal this morning Watching gangs of these proffesional dog walkers everywhere we parked up .He said maybe the owners are busy working so I pointed out that we had driven 2 hours to get to where we was and I'd still managed to get mine out for half an hour before we left this morning.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, vin said:

That was a genuine lol at the patterdale comment mate 

but I’m sorry about the fight thing, I’d be very disappointed if any of my male friends were overpowered by a dog of any type 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

That was a genuine lol at the patterdale comment mate 

but I’m sorry about the fight thing, I’d be very disappointed if any of my male friends were overpowered by a dog of any type 

I think you could end up very disappointed then stiff. There’s some real nasty dogs out there.

• Like 1