Strange bred

On 8 April 2018 at 14:56, shaaark said:

Trust me mate, I know exactly how capable some of these bigger taller types can be. My old bitch was 29" and 33 kg tamping fit, and shocked a couple of people as to how useful she was. Extremely rapid off the mark and a very very fast bitch. Killed immediately when she hit a tree flat out, after a fallow doe :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that mate. Them big dogs certainly are units and especially at speed. I remember one of my uncles dogs years ago a  saluki grey x beddy grey bitch about 25tts and roughly 20kg????? Got hit head on with a much larger than average bull greyhound dog. Luckily enough the bitch was ok and needless to say so was the dog! Apart from the bitch would never run doubled up ever again but she was capable of filling the pot alone!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a bit of a update on my strange bred dog for those that are interested.He about two and a half years old now . Took him on after losing my Picardy cross which I rated highly. He comming on well t

Found them not the best photos This is sire and dam to my dog   

I would think if you put him to a greyhound, or longdog with no base blood, that would level out or lessen the chances of throwing dogs that would be too heavy, in theory anyway Plus the fact at

Posted Images

Zedge he’s looking well mate .. I’ll watch this space very carefully to the future. 

Cant fault my two with Picardy

pups first season gone well and the old girl will be slowing down now she’s 7 in September and more than deserves her semi retirement will just be a back up to the pup .. I wonder what type of pup he’d throw to the old girl 1/4picardy 1/4 deerhound 1/2 grey

10 hours ago, keeganrees said:

Zedge he’s looking well mate .. I’ll watch this space very carefully to the future. 

Cant fault my two with Picardy

pups first season gone well and the old girl will be slowing down now she’s 7 in September and more than deserves her semi retirement will just be a back up to the pup .. I wonder what type of pup he’d throw to the old girl 1/4picardy 1/4 deerhound 1/2 grey

I know a few that run Picardy crosses and all talk well of them. This is my second one and if I have another dog I will be looking for a Simla bred one. Your girl sound like the ideal mix for him reckon they have the potential to throw some good pups. 

• Like 1
On 08/04/2018 at 21:33, tatsblisters said:

Would love to see pics of the dam and sire to this fine looking animal no doubt if the bouvre de flanders and the briard were more popular breeds of dog in this country more lurchers out of these breeds would be about wich in hindsight might be a good thing.

Found them not the best photos This is sire and dam to my dog 

pups%20dam_zpsttmvyriz.jpg

WP_20151117_13_46_07_Pro__highres%203_zps2vdtgrn7.jpg

• Like 5