Strange bred

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a bit of a update on my strange bred dog for those that are interested.He about two and a half years old now . Took him on after losing my Picardy cross which I rated highly. He comming on well t

Found them not the best photos This is sire and dam to my dog   

I would think if you put him to a greyhound, or longdog with no base blood, that would level out or lessen the chances of throwing dogs that would be too heavy, in theory anyway Plus the fact at

Posted Images

Would love to see pics of the dam and sire to this fine looking animal no doubt if the bouvre de flanders and the briard were more popular breeds of dog in this country more lurchers out of these breeds would be about wich in hindsight might be a good thing.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Would love to see pics of the dam and sire to this fine looking animal no doubt if the bouvre de flanders and the briard were more popular breeds of dog in this country more lurchers out of these breeds would be about wich in hindsight might be a good thing.

I got some photos of both dam and sire I will  put them up when I come across them 

• Like 3

Lost my old bouvier recently and in her youth I did toy with the idea of putting a greyhound or racer lurcher to her for a while, but sadly timing was never right being in the military at the time. I was also worried where the pups would end up as well and hadn't at the time heard of any lurchers of this type. Great to see your updates and I always look out for them, your dog seems to have matured into a fine looking dog and what I kind of envisaged a bouvier type lurcher could look like, my old bitch had many qualities that I often thought would compliment a lurcher, despite testing my patience to the ltd as a pup, she has been missed and was a one off for sure. Remember seeing an article about a bouvier bitch breed to a grey in the countrymans up in Scotland if I remember rightly a good few years back by a gamekeeper, but haven't heard anything about how they hit on atb 

45 minutes ago, matt1979 said:

Lost my old bouvier recently and in her youth I did toy with the idea of putting a greyhound or racer lurcher to her for a while, but sadly timing was never right being in the military at the time. I was also worried where the pups would end up as well and hadn't at the time heard of any lurchers of this type. Great to see your updates and I always look out for them, your dog seems to have matured into a fine looking dog and what I kind of envisaged a bouvier type lurcher could look like, my old bitch had many qualities that I often thought would compliment a lurcher, despite testing my patience to the ltd as a pup, she has been missed and was a one off for sure. Remember seeing an article about a bouvier bitch breed to a grey in the countrymans up in Scotland if I remember rightly a good few years back by a gamekeeper, but haven't heard anything about how they hit on atb 

Feel for you losing the old girl never easy. The litter sister to my dog matured a lot faster than mine and is doing well takes most game. The dam to this litter got run over and killed so there will be no repeat mating which is a shame nice dog in her own right she was. I know a lad that runs a Bovier gray half cross and has nothing but good things to say about her. 

3 hours ago, vin said:

I've always had a soft spot for that dog. 

I bet he'd throw some nice pups over a decent bitch.

Something to think about further down the line ,would think there  could be a bit of wastage though 

3 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

Just with two.stocky types in the breeding  don't think you would get a even litter with some throwing to heavy

Oh I thought you were talking about putting to a coursing type don't know why it would be good tho

10 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

Just with two.stocky types in the breeding  don't think you would get a even litter with some throwing to heavy

I would think if you put him to a greyhound, or longdog with no base blood, that would level out or lessen the chances of throwing dogs that would be too heavy, in theory anyway

Plus the fact at 30 kg and 29" he aint exactly that big anyway. He's a fair bit racier than he looks under that coat

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 3