Strange bred

Just a bit of a update on my strange bred dog for those that are interested.He about two and a half years old now . Took him on after losing my Picardy cross which I rated highly. He comming on well these last couple of months and settling down and listening to me a lot more which has helped my arse stop twitching as much lol.. He looks like a big old lump bit is deceiving he just makes 30 kg and his 29 tts. Was watching him run a few golf course rabbits last night and was suprised how quick and nimble he is for such a big dog.

IMG_20180211_165208.jpg

IMG_20180406_190121.jpg

• Like 19

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a bit of a update on my strange bred dog for those that are interested.He about two and a half years old now . Took him on after losing my Picardy cross which I rated highly. He comming on well t

Found them not the best photos This is sire and dam to my dog   

I would think if you put him to a greyhound, or longdog with no base blood, that would level out or lessen the chances of throwing dogs that would be too heavy, in theory anyway Plus the fact at

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Always liked the look of him. Glad he’s settleing down & performing well. But most important thing of all your Happy with him. Atb

He's is a nice dog to have around  full of character just got to be mindful we're you slip him 

12 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Too big, too tall, too heavy and no good on small land lol :thumbs:

Although i cant speak for that certain dog but i think you would be surprised at what some big tall heavy built dogs can do! Ive seen with my own eyes a 31tts deer x grey make short work of rabbits!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, zx12edge said:

He got good feet though 

Lol, me and my lad met you with him last year, can't remember the name of the show. But it was on the same day as the cheshire game fair, and it wasn't too far from there. Spoke to you for a few minutes about him, and he is racier than he looks :thumbs:.

It was the cheshire game fair lol :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Lance82 said:

Although i cant speak for that certain dog but i think you would be surprised at what some big tall heavy built dogs can do! Ive seen with my own eyes a 31tts deer x grey make short work of rabbits!

Trust me mate, I know exactly how capable some of these bigger taller types can be. My old bitch was 29" and 33 kg tamping fit, and shocked a couple of people as to how useful she was. Extremely rapid off the mark and a very very fast bitch. Killed immediately when she hit a tree flat out, after a fallow doe :thumbs:

• Like 1