opinions please

fred90

The last net I run out caught one buck rabbit, I took him out and rightly or wrongly let him go free. I hadn’t seen that many rabbits on that field for a few month but the night was perfect for that drop and I just had to go... I took a walk up there last week and counted in excess of a 100 , granted most were 3/4 grown but sport for the future. I hope.

• Like 5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never had to as yet Fred but I’ve come damn close on a few occasions , as I’ve got older I need to get the old adrenaline running ( just to keep me alive ?) and I find I’m going places I’d never have

We all Love to get back to a net bouncing with a few rabbits but the satisfaction of running a net out without a hitch and with a nice breeze in your face comes a very close second for me.

The last net I run out caught one buck rabbit, I took him out and rightly or wrongly let him go free. I hadn’t seen that many rabbits on that field for a few month but the night was perfect for that d

Posted Images

On 19/04/2018 at 14:27, Mr Wilkes said:

Wouldn’t like to be in a field at night with you... not with those thoughts going through your mind ?.

As for cutting em out.... I’m sure Smithie arms his rabbits with Stanley knifes with the amount of repairs I’ve done in the past ?

i put them holes down to 3.5 inch mesh and advanced net shrinking, rabbits cant get the head through they bite.

had less holes since using the bigger meshed nets

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mr Wilkes said:

The last net I run out caught one buck rabbit, I took him out and rightly or wrongly let him go free. I hadn’t seen that many rabbits on that field for a few month but the night was perfect for that drop and I just had to go... I took a walk up there last week and counted in excess of a 100 , granted most were 3/4 grown but sport for the future. I hope.

Good man, sometimes it takes things like that to improve our sport.

last drop i did a small spinney close to home.i had hard ground pegs mate was using hazel. after a short bant his net was empty & down so it had obviously been hit mine had half a dozen well balled up the pegs had done their job. had better nights but many times had worse.

Love netting you could net some ones lawn and they would be non the wiser if you were inclined :whistling: Strolling around in the dark with a nice breeze in your face and no lights to alert the quarry :yes: Just a great feeling.

I spent months knitting this net and first trip out caught edward scissor hands :laugh:

11125009824_48137ba144_z.jpg

11124938036_f9bb98faf9_z.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, terryd said:

Love netting you could net some ones lawn and they would be non the wiser if you were inclined :whistling: Strolling around in the dark with a nice breeze in your face and no lights to alert the quarry :yes: Just a great feeling.

I spent months knitting this net and first trip out caught edward scissor hands :laugh:

11125009824_48137ba144_z.jpg

11124938036_f9bb98faf9_z.jpg

you wouldn't believe a rabbit could do that much damage 

5 minutes ago, fred90 said:

you wouldn't believe a rabbit could do that much damage 

As I remember it was the first 50 yarder I ran out then i ran out another two so it must been in early and had plenty of time for a munch lol

29 minutes ago, terryd said:

As I remember it was the first 50 yarder I ran out then i ran out another two so it must been in early and had plenty of time for a munch lol

lol yes the perils of working alone 

I have two 25yrd hand made Engels which havnt been used , At one point we used nothing but hand made but when checking them after a good night out I’d be gutted with the damage at times. After spending many hours knitting a net then mending the day after cheesed me off,  I much prefer to “stitch up” a 4 z , they are easly created and can be binned or left ? if you need to .

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I have two 25yrd hand made Engels which havnt been used , At one point we used nothing but hand made but when checking them after a good night out I’d be gutted with the damage at times. After spending many hours knitting a net then mending the day after cheesed me off,  I much prefer to “stitch up” a 4 z , they are easly created and can be binned or left ? if you need to .

if you need to ??????

Never had to as yet Fred but I’ve come damn close on a few occasions , as I’ve got older I need to get the old adrenaline running ( just to keep me alive ?) and I find I’m going places I’d never have dreamed of in search for that rush . I took a lad freelancing one night and come close to leaving everything behind.. he still comments on what a lovely night we had and we should go back to that permission again ??

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Never had to as yet Fred but I’ve come damn close on a few occasions , as I’ve got older I need to get the old adrenaline running ( just to keep me alive ?) and I find I’m going places I’d never have dreamed of in search for that rush . I took a lad freelancing one night and come close to leaving everything behind.. he still comments on what a lovely night we had and we should go back to that permission again ??

lol know the feeling but it keeps us young ones on our toes ??