SO back to PIZZA making

Well the second effort since getting the Weber back.

I did a lamb the day she came back, sure missed her (really, the family and I had withdrawal symptoms)
then we tried some pizza, silly wife put olive oil and flour onto the trays which burnt to the bottom of the pizza,
I was not impressed and expressed that :whistle: a total of 4 burnt bottom pizza's.

BUT last nights efforts was very good after a slow start.

Cheese pizza, crust was not cooked well enough as the heat was not there, I told miss 7yrs to get Mum to bring out
the pizza for cooking, 3/4 of an hour later I went in to find out what was what.
4 x flavours ready to go but no one told Mum to bring it out..... :huh:
So Cheese went in and came out with topping cooked and base a little under cooked.

More coals made and the rest went in one after the other, about 20min cook time and crust was just right.
Ham and pineaple, Meat lovers, and The lot.
The shits ate everything but 4 slices of "The lot", I was cooking while they were pigging out :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got 2 slices of Cheese, a small slice of each other, about 30mm wide. :(

Good to be the King, hey ? :lol: :lol:

Cheese

Ham and Pineapple

Meat lovers

The lot
Edited by 17hornet
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks fantastic mate! :good:

I hear ya about getting the crusts right. Took me a few attempts because there seems to be a fine line between undercooked dough and cremated! :laugh:

Now I just stoke it up to 350ºC and watch it like a hawk. They're done in a couple of minutes...

THLP1.thumb.jpg.aa64f1e374765f7039b160ac0ee9debb.jpg

I invested in a pizza stone too. Not sure how those little Webers will take the weight though... :hmm:

• Haha 1

LOL, between undercooked and cremated, I know that one.

Hi CJ, the Weber grill takes the weight of a stone fine, but mine cracked so I wandered away from that idea and tried to figure out placement of coals.

I have found out on this last try that lots of perimeter coals, and then some scattered even across the area under the tray/pan has worked well this time, that and not having oil and flour in the tray as my wife did last time :laugh: it ended up as the black crust from hell. :diablo:

A bit blurred but this is the bottom after 20min, everything cooked on top, it is a thin crust and a good recipe, I will add it when I find it again.

Cooked in the thin non stick tray under the pizza, I dont cut in the tray but on a board.

IMG_1196.thumb.JPG.252aa797c3d1ad4fd8c8957f754098fc.JPG

• Thanks 1

I tracked down the 'Pizza base' recipe.

This has made a base that comes up crispy, not chewy or flowery if under done a little, not hugely filling and doesnt puff up a lot when cooking.

We all like different things, but we find this one good in our home.

https://www.marthastewart.com/1154959/pizza-dough-grilled-pizzas

There is another from the mother in law, and it makes a pizza 'bread' texture, that just has olive oil, salt, rosemary and garlic on top of it, really nice as a side plate bread or a snack even cold cut into biscuit sized squares. Thats cooked in the standard oven, but would fare well in a pizza oven - dont know about the grill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2018 at 21:34, Rusty_terrier said:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6014605

Considering getting this.

Also going to make a sourdough starter

Sorry I have to say that it is pretty small and thin, so I doubt it would hold much heat to cook a pizza well, even if only a bread and butter plate size.

These ovens are supposed to be heated by the fire and then the residual heat cooks the food.

If you have a 'hood BBQ' you can do pizza too.