Working at height

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

A young kid died on the railway last month. He was working on a ladder pulling some cable, ended up slipping off and fell onto the conduit pipe that they had used to roll the cable drum on. It went through his back and pierced his heart. He was only about 4 rungs up as well. Apparently Network Rail have found nothing wrong with their method of work. I can spot two big no no's straight away, 20 year old as well ffs.

Edited by Kerny92
  • Like 1
On 10/04/2018 at 11:14, jukel123 said:

I've never bought this crap about health and safety being for softies. It's generally some fat arsed management/penpusher who comes out with crap like that.But it's not the likes of them that has to suffer when accidents happen. They just try to cover it up and hire the next mug who will take a risk.

I know an instance of a lad who was killed in the process of cleaning a loading shovel cause some c**t was rushing around 

26 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I know an instance of a lad who was killed in the process of cleaning a loading shovel cause some c**t was rushing around 

and the stupid feckers cant get it into there heads that they get payed the same rate if they go fast or steady away.feck rushing about in a machine.

6 hours ago, king said:

and the stupid feckers cant get it into there heads that they get payed the same rate if they go fast or steady away.feck rushing about in a machine.

It's the grief and shit that drops from the higher ups that makes people rush 

On a separate note I've been back up on chimneys and been sitting on the ridge tiles lifting the roof ladder up and over the ridge to go down the other side . Seem to have got back into it . f**k knows what was turning my guts before. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

This happened last week, two on the same day in our area!

lucky no one got hurt, just fcuked the machine and got loads of sh1t off us?

422433A7-EFD1-4CDD-B171-D2A79571FB3C.thumb.jpeg.2adb9ef8267223c60be10d1a6e1f0d83.jpeg

And this lad ain’t got a rush in him 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

It's the grief and shit that drops from the higher ups that makes people rush 

On a separate note I've been back up on chimneys and been sitting on the ridge tiles lifting the roof ladder up and over the ridge to go down the other side . Seem to have got back into it . f**k knows what was turning my guts before. 

the mind is a strange thing mate.

Hate heights no idea why. Watching some youtube vids brings me out in cold sweat. I was hanging onto a ladder for dear the life the other guy. The guy on the floor tapped me on shoulder and said are you ok ? 

Never botherd me when I worked on the demo and scaffolding years ago now I get jelly legs up a ladder cleaning the gutter out and would sooner pay somebody to do it.The thing that makes me feel uncomfortable now is when I see pics of coal mines and crawling about on your hands and knees in confined spaces I carnt believe I used to do that 35 years ago.lol

On 19/04/2018 at 20:45, green lurchers said:

Ther ok until one of the hoses pops and the hydro fluid Empty’s out other than that they fine once u get used to the rock and sway ?

They are fitted with stop valves so regardless of what pipe you burst your staying up there till it is fixed lol and the basket can and has fallen when the sheer bolts snap the little cluster of ten you always look at when on your way up lol 

• 2 weeks later...