Working at height

7 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

Personally, I've always liked being up high but, I do get a feckin silly compulsion to be near the edge.

...... on a few occasions I've put my toes off the edge and looked down. 

I've got no idea why I want to do it. I don't even like doing it. I just seem to end up doing it :fool:

I can empathise with that.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feck heights if I was suppose to be that high up I would have feathers 

Steel erecting and industrial roofing is our game, it ain't how it used to be though.. 18 and sitting with my ass clamped to a rafter 40ft up whilst a 60 year old Mancunian steps over you, noncha

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....  

Posted Images

Its a long shot,but maybe you have an ear infection? My Mrs gets something called "labrynthitis". It makes her feel disorientated/dizzy. Comes and goes. Best of luck anyway. 2 nil for us tomorrow.:thumbs:

Went up farm shed roofs today on a roof ladder in the morning no problem . This afternoon on a church roof got the roof ladder up and bottled it again before even getting up . Got the boss to go up instead . Think im just very aware of the stupid height that's all 

Edited by Welsh_red

I’ve got a thing about driving in high places the Medway Bridge frightens the life out of me but the Dartford Bridge which is higher don’t bother me at all work that one out.

When I unexpectedly find myself driving on mountain roads sweaty hands tingly legs and I find my hands slipping from the steering wheel my wife finds it hilarious it’s only started happening the last two years I think the Bridge thing is called Gepthyrophobia but walking at heights no problem at all, strange life isn’t it. 

• Like 1

Horrible feeling when that roof ladder slips an inch or two!! For a few seconds you just don't know if it's going to stop.I keep a hammer ready... emergency brake! lol

• Like 2
11 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve got a thing about driving in high places the Medway Bridge frightens the life out of me but the Dartford Bridge which is higher don’t bother me at all work that one out.

When I unexpectedly find myself driving on mountain roads sweaty hands tingly legs and I find my hands slipping from the steering wheel my wife finds it hilarious it’s only started happening the last two years I think the Bridge thing is called Gepthyrophobia but walking at heights no problem at all, strange life isn’t it. 

must admit i hate that dartford bridge...

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mushroom said:

Love them... give me deep water and a bloody great cliff and I'm off ?

Skydiving is fuucking great.

A mate of mine offered to take me skydiving with him, I agreed thinking it would be good at the time. Then I went home and started watching videos on YouTube then ended up watching a load of skydiving fails and it put me right off so I had to call him and decline/fanny out ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been steel erecting now for 25 years now and your problem is it’s not the fear of the heights it’s your concentration, when you’re doing your work mate it’s eye on the job but when you’re sitting about waiting and you find yourself looking about at things all still ok , 

but when your looking down to the floor at your boss and there’s something just in front of say the gutter with say a flower in , that’s what sends you dizzy as you’re eyes work against each other sends you dizzy as bat atb mark

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, robertb123 said:

Never mind ginger youtube likes chasers, here's the master .....

that's just what I was thinking of reading this, Fred climbing them ladders and swinging around on that bosuns chair, proper chap

• Like 1