• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Generally round about early May before they arrive in UK, heard 5 in one area last year, seen 3 but never managed any images...   heres one from couple year ago in scotland and one in Northu

Juvenile in Northumberland September time of remember right, just on the coast feeding on Cinnebar caterpillars building itself up for long journey.

Thank you, much appreciated. Yes, that's the Cinnibar caterpillars, the yellow and black ones...   When I was photographing the Juvenile the National Trust and volunteers were there rip

Posted Images

Up at 4am to visit a spot that's great for cuckoo's and photography, 5 males seen flying about and chasing each other from their territories... Here's a peak of what i managed.

20-05-2018 Cuckoo 2.jpg

• Like 4
3 hours ago, cragman said:

Watching a female cuckoo where I work this week. She’s done the deed and I’ll try and find where this week ? The females will be working Zandy, the males displaying and calling

Good luck in finding the best/host birds mate..

I've seen behaviour when the males have picked up small objects as if tonne presenting to the females - amazing.

Fantastic birds to hear Calling but when you see them or photograph them it just steps up a level.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, zandy01 said:

Good luck in finding the best/host birds mate..

I've seen behaviour when the males have picked up small objects as if tonne presenting to the females - amazing.

Fantastic birds to hear Calling but when you see them or photograph them it just steps up a level.

All courtship but you've got to be there to see it. This female has been watching a large bracken bed next to a footpath for a few days. I missed her approaching it, I have work to do ? She’s not been there for a day or two so I think she’s laid. I sat opposite for ages the other day in the sun watching her and she didn’t move, she just watched. meadow pipit ?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, cragman said:

All courtship but you've got to be there to see it. This female has been watching a large bracken bed next to a footpath for a few days. I missed her approaching it, I have work to do ? She’s not been there for a day or two so I think she’s laid. I sat opposite for ages the other day in the sun watching her and she didn’t move, she just watched. meadow pipit ?

Happy days, lets know how you get on ?

10 minutes ago, byron said:

what they feeding on up your way mate..brown tailed moth caterpillars?? 

I've seen them feeding on worms, slugs and caterpillars - mostly worms they been finding in the grass.

Not heard a cuckoo since April 17th 2017 but this very morning had a rare sighting, in our area, a peewit (lapwing). Haven't seen or heard one round here for a long time. Nor a curlew. New topic I know but connected. Jok.