Anyone got this cross?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bet Burrell could add few extra hundred years of breeding with one of those ?

Just what you want bred into a man dog.Something that is naturally scared of man with a spooky temperament.

Think they call them Salukis ? ?

Posted Images

15 hours ago, downsouth said:

Just what you want bred into a man dog.Something that is naturally scared of man with a spooky temperament.

true that,  all the programs ive ever watched regards wolves , always try to keep away from man, they have natural  fear of man, even in a pack.    these  dogs are what are popular  in Russia   as guard/working dogs , no wolf in these , from reading the link  sounds like they got very good dog , healthy, good temps, what you need in a proper  gsd  or any working type dog.   maybe when the alsatian /gsd   was 1st  created   100's years  in germany they might have  used a wolf, nobody really knows , but that gene would have died out years ago. !    

East-European Shepherd - Wikipedia

4 minutes ago, bird said:

true that,  all the programs ive ever watched regards wolves , always try to keep away from man, they have natural  fear of man, even in a pack.    these  dogs are what are popular  in Russia   as guard/working dogs , no wolf in these , from reading the link  sounds like they got very good dog , healthy, good temps, what you need in a proper  gsd  or any working type dog.   maybe when the alsatian /gsd   was 1st  created   100's years  in germany they might have  used a wolf, nobody really knows , but that gene would have died out years ago. !    

East-European Shepherd - Wikipedia

Eastern European shepherds suffer from bad hips .. 

6 hours ago, Chid said:

Eastern European shepherds suffer from bad hips .. 

thinking about it, i think your prob right  mate,  it in the gsd  to start with , and making them even bigger type dog  by adding  bigger heavier  breeds, you get more HD and ED that gsd suffer with  . i went to day to see my vet , just end of the season   mot on my both dogs, vet said Bryn  was in good condition  for his age he 11 in sep, the old prat could go  another 2 -3 years  lol . He said Buck was in good  nick as well, he 6 in august . we were talking about gsd's  in general , vet said  that there are few good breeders out there that, try  to breed dogs with low hip / elbow   scores  , and  not over big dogs , prob Buck size or bit smaller , dont forget he  1/2 greyhound  , his sire was 29in  75 lb  greyhound   Razzmatazz , the vet said  the greyhound in any breed norm reduces   any bad hips/ elbows , and 70lb -85lb   is what good breeders  try to aim for with there gsds  .:yes:

My family had a dutch shepard wolf hybrid bitch when I was growing. She was fine around people once she got to know them but the first 2 year she would urinate and cower if anyone came near her to pet her. She acted like a dog that had been badly beaten and even caused a couple of arguments. Once she turned 2 she was fine and never cowered. She barked as much any shepard type but was more easy going.  I reckon other dogs in my area could sense the bit of wolf in her as they would normally avoid walking past her till they got to know her. She knew some of my mates were scared of her and played on it. Start showing the teeth to them if I left the room and id come back in and they would be white and wanting to run out the door but froze to the couch at the same time lol. She suffered terrible separation anxiety and would tear stuff up if you left her in the house for more than an hour on her own. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Out of interest does anyone over there use dingo crosses for anything hunting wise?

A mate had a straight cross dingo/English bull was the best pig dog he ever owned.In western oz they use dingo/whippet/bull terriers on pigs in the thick hot dry scrub as are small, fast and can handle the heat.The dingos are immune to paralysis ticks near the coast as are the cattle dogs which have a good dose of the wild dog blood.I don't have the personality to own a dingo,would end up shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/4/2018 at 22:11, robertb123 said:

once read about a bloke in south Africa crossing wolves with german shepherds for security dogs, he said the ideal mix was 1/16th wolf, for extra stamina, strength, nose etc, anything more was too wild 

It's supposed to make the teeth bigger too.

On 4/4/2018 at 19:27, Chid said:

Some for sale on donedeal 200 euros 

I just looked at that ad.:thumbs:

Parents in last two photos but that doesn't look like any wolf I've ever seen.(Wonder what a "timberland wolf" is) Maybe they use them to make shoes.:D

https://www.donedeal.ie/dogs-for-sale/gs-hybred-pups/18382742

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 1

I always read growing up that wolves are fearful of man and dog alike but as the years have gone by you hear of more attacks on people and dogs, I've seen what damage they can do even to working APBT'S.

Edited by Kerny92
1 hour ago, Kerny92 said:

I always read growing up that wolves are fearful of man and dog alike but as the years have gone by you hear of more attacks on people and dogs, I've seen what damage they can do even to working APBT'S.

They say that wolves have double the bite strength as German Shepards. They are intelligent enough to know that if they get a bad injury it will mean starvation for them and their cubs unlike a reckless Bull cross that will get nursed back to health by a human. They would easily take a  pitbull or human if there backs were against the wall.