Knife and gun crime

1 hour ago, Meece said:

But if you take the model from the U.S. the job would be to arm everyone.

That's always been enshrined as a right but clearly banning everything isn't a full solution. The job is to take the tools out of the wrong hands. That's the elephant in the room.

32 minutes ago, just-A-snap said:

It has always been there, gun and knife crimes. 

True but London's murder rate this year is higher than New York's for the first time ever. Why is it going up when it's declining in the developed world?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

College ?  Doing well ?  university ?  not acting like a f***ing idiot?  Dare I say it the army ?  The world is your oyster at 16 /17 with no ties or obligations

Are these people genetically predisposed to turn every place they live into a shithouse?......history certainly points that way !

The fact of the matter is that this is probably NOT a waste of young life or potential......closer to the truth is that they were probably involved with street gangs themselves. As for national s

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Same. I couldn't feel more removed from those people. I'm not 30 yet and I honestly feel like I'm from a different species in society at times. It's a pretty big sense of detachment that frankly would disgust some people.

Mind I'm probably not the only one that thinks I'm from a different species!

You should try being me, mate - I'm 55 !

Every single day, the world makes a little less sense to me !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My father used to come out with stuff like ... what they need is army discipline, a short sharp shock !! A sargent major, quick and lively. My brother had it worse than me but when I joined the air cadets and was flying and shooting he used to say to me, you don't want to be such a good shot !! You'll end up a bell tower as a sniper.  When he was in, he had been a good shot and one day they were ordered down on the ranges. Someone told them that they were looking for snipers to go to France. He said that suddenly they couldn't hit a barn door. Their officer was furious and they were put on fatigues for a fortnight. Later they found out that the blokes that were selected lasted about half an hour.  I always said that I  would rather be out with 5 that wanted to be there than 100 that didn't.  The trouble is that nowadays it is always greener on the other side.

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Same. I couldn't feel more removed from those people. I'm not 30 yet and I honestly feel like I'm from a different species in society at times. It's a pretty big sense of detachment that frankly would disgust some people.

Mind I'm probably not the only one that thinks I'm from a different species!

I'll tell you a true story, Born. Every time I go into town, my day gets a bit stranger.........

I took the car to be washed yesterday. Nice bunch of Romanian lads - work hard, job well done, fair price.

A flashy low-slung Mercedes pulled in behind me, hippety-,hop blaring out. The Romanians obviously knew him, as they all exchanged fist bumps with him. Anyway, I'm standing off to one side, having a quick vape, and the fella comes over and stand next to me - big black fella, muscles in his spit. Just out of social nicety I said "Nice car pal."...........and when he started talking back, I just heard this impenetrable Caribbean jabber.........I could barely make out a word !

It ended up with the head Romanian translating for me ! :icon_eek:

1 hour ago, Blackbriar said:

It's easy to see how young black lads get drawn into gang culture.

I mean, what does the future hold for the young urbanite, who's no good at football ?

:)

Go back from whence they originated ?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's always been enshrined as a right but clearly banning everything isn't a full solution. The job is to take the tools out of the wrong hands. That's the elephant in the room.

True but London's murder rate this year is higher than New York's for the first time ever. Why is it going up when it's declining in the developed world?

Think it's 47 since start of year? 

I've probably said this before but this year it seems like every week there is a stabbing in Nottingham. I tried finding stats to confirm or deny but it's hard, plod seem to lump it in with a generic class of crime.

6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Think it's 47 since start of year? 

Not sure on the exact figures as I can't find a reliable stat.

Just now, Born Hunter said:

I've probably said this before but this year it seems like every week there is a stabbing in Nottingham. I tried finding stats to confirm or deny but it's hard, plod seem to lump it in with a generic class of crime.

Same.

NY's has dropped 87% since the 90's. London's has risen 40% in the last three years alone.

8 hours ago, Meece said:

With the jump In knife and gun crime In  London ect who is getting killed and where are they getting guns and ammunition ? It can't help anyone to have this situation and the terrible loss of young lives is tragic. I've heard that guns are out there but ammunition  is in short supply. Is someone loading ammunition for these situations ? Does anyone know who ls involved and what guns have been used ?

Fcuk me, do you want names as well?.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Chris, heard it on a news bulletin on the radio at work, young kid shot in a drive by shooting in London .. Then a figure of 47 pal, shocking pal. 

Horrible, horrible news. :no:

I'm listening to our local news and it seems there is an active shooter incident at YouTube's headquarters in Cali...

EDIT: Yep...

Edited by ChrisJones
Added Hyperlink
4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

The Beeb has just said the kid has died in the hospital taking the total to 48. :no:

It's such a terrible waste of life and potential.

Whatever those youngsters were involved in, they don't deserve to shot or stabbed, and left to die in the gutter.

Terrible situation, that seems to worsen every day.

• Thanks 1