parking tickets

Private companies can issue parking tickets and may call them Parking Charge Notices, but they are not the same as the Penalty Charge Notice issued by the Police or Traffic Warden. They are not backed up by law. Instead, they are invoices for a breach of contract.

• Like 1

Ignore the one above mate and have a little Google, if a private firm is aphiliated to a certain body they can still get all your details from dvla and prosecute you, if they are not a member of said body they have zero power and you should ignore them and not even confirm your name, if they are a member of the said group and you still want to fight it ,go back to the carpark and take photos of all the signs they have put up as they have to be a certain size and displayed in a way everyone can see them, if they are not take pics and tell them you will gladly go to court, if someone that looks nothing like  you has cover the signs with mud or aerosol just before you turn up with your camera all the better, if you can't be arsed to see it through just pay up now and avoid the pain later, but if your a miserable old git like myself goodluck with the battle it's easy to win if your willing to dig in and have your day in court

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Ignore the one above mate and have a little Google, if a private firm is aphiliated to a certain body they can still get all your details from dvla and prosecute you, if they are not a member of said body they have zero power and you should ignore them and not even confirm your name, if they are a member of the said group and you still want to fight it ,go back to the carpark and take photos of all the signs they have put up as they have to be a certain size and displayed in a way everyone can see them, if they are not take pics and tell them you will gladly go to court, if someone that looks nothing like  you has cover the signs with mud or aerosol just before you turn up with your camera all the better, if you can't be arsed to see it through just pay up now and avoid the pain later, but if your a miserable old git like myself goodluck with the battle it's easy to win if your willing to dig in and have your day in court

You pay the price for cheap advice.............:yes:

• Like 2
On 02/04/2018 at 05:48, keepdiggin said:

i got one from scs sofas for leaving the car park ( i called at the cash machine) and they issued me a 60 fine or 100 after 14 days

What was the maximum cost of parking there all day? challenge the ticket and offer to pay the maximum contractual hours of parking, make sure you keep a copy of offer of payment if they decide to take you to court. Legally the most they can charge you is the maximum term of stay for breech of contract. DON'T IGNORE IT............CHALLENGE IT.

• Like 2
On 02/04/2018 at 13:48, keepdiggin said:

i got one from scs sofas for leaving the car park ( i called at the cash machine) and they issued me a 60 fine or 100 after 14 days

Why did you get a ticket for LEAVING a car park ?

I thought you got them for staying...........:hmm:

On 02/04/2018 at 15:24, Greyman said:

That won' look dodgey when they all have cctv and your mate gets done for criminal damage

Just contest it if your correct or if you didn' follow the rules then pay the fine

On 02/04/2018 at 13:45, ArchieHood said:

Private companies can issue parking tickets and may call them Parking Charge Notices, but they are not the same as the Penalty Charge Notice issued by the Police or Traffic Warden. They are not backed up by law. Instead, they are invoices for a breach of contract.

You are correct but, private companies can persue their invoices through county/small claims courts, they are then enforceable with added costs. 

One of the smuggest moments I my life was cutting a clamp off my truck with Oxford parking services looking on .

Put a black sheet up infront the wheel and used a petrol disc cutter .They called old bill but too late it was off .Plod wasn' interested .Smiled for days .All I'd done was overstayed a ticket by 3 hours .Was working nearby .

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

One of the smuggest moments I my life was cutting a clamp off my truck with Oxford parking services looking on .

Put a black sheet up infront the wheel and used a petrol disc cutter .They called old bill but too late it was off .Plod wasn' interested .Smiled for days .All I'd done was overstayed a ticket by 3 hours .Was working nearby .

I knew a guy that got his van clamped, he had all his gas cutting/welding kit in it, not content with just cutting the clamp off, he welded it six feet up a post, he was prosecuted for criminal damage for both clamp and council post, cost him a small fortune but said it was worth every penny. It was stuck up on the post for a month before they replaced the entire post. 

• Haha 3