Airsporter mk5 service/smoothing out

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just click on the link it may help you out with a few tips Bsa,air Sporter Refurb   atvbjimmy

BIG MAC , hes one of the best and will go out of his way to help anyone.  

Cheers for your opinion on it mate? I havnt seen anything like that either mate. All the repro piston heads have the one O ring so going to go with one of them. Either from John knibbs or T R Robb

Posted Images

1 hour ago, hedge wanderer said:

Cheers for the heads up mate, what I’m going to put in is,

A new piston head

a delrin top hat and spring guided

a piston sleeve

oh and a new lever retaining latch ?

all for the sum of £53... hope it’s worth it

if it shoots out like the one i did it will not disappoint you

they were the in rifle to have back in the day

and still well sort after to day

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yeh my dad said they were even in the mid 80s. One of his mates managed to get his hands on a hw77 and my dad just couldn't get on with the weight of the thing. His current and only gun, a Theoben fenman is the only break barrel he's ever owned, all the others were airsporters starting with a mk5, an airsporter S and Rb Stutzen which he then traded for a webley raider while he was working in Oxford in the early 2000s. Regrets it massively he says but said out of all them the S was the one to have. Think he also had a few model 50s ?

Id say a good history of gun ownership ?

1 minute ago, hedge wanderer said:

Yeh my dad said they were even in the mid 80s. One of his mates managed to get his hands on a hw77 and my dad just couldn't get on with the weight of the thing. His current and only gun, a Theoben fenman is the only break barrel he's ever owned, all the others were airsporters starting with a mk5, an airsporter S and Rb Stutzen which he then traded for a webley raider while he was working in Oxford in the early 2000s. Regrets it massively he says but said out of all them the S was the one to have. Think he also had a few model 50s ?

Id say a good history of gun ownership ?

And a man with taste

lets just hope his son takes after him :laugh:

2 hours ago, hedge wanderer said:

Cheers for the heads up mate, what I’m going to put in is,

A new piston head

a delrin top hat and spring guided

a piston sleeve

oh and a new lever retaining latch ?

all for the sum of £53... hope it’s worth it

Sounds spot on pal, all except the piston sleeve, if you lube the rifle correctly there is no need for one, and I find they mess with consistency in some rifles, but ye should be good when its done.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Sounds spot on pal, all except the piston sleeve, if you lube the rifle correctly there is no need for one, and I find they mess with consistency in some rifles, but ye should be good when its done.

The sleeve was to more or less dampen the sound of the spring hitting against the inside of the piston that's all

3 hours ago, hedge wanderer said:

The sleeve was to more or less dampen the sound of the spring hitting against the inside of the piston that's all

Im with Tim on this

if you do it right you will not need one

and it will not stop the sound of the action any way

A tight fitting guide and a decent top hat along with correct lubrication is all that is needed to dampen the sound, a sleeve will do nothing, I do not like them and never use one, they are more hassle than they are worth, they were only designed to stop lube getting onto the piston seal, correct lubing is the key, not a poxy tin can in the piston, your gun pal but I would leave it out.

• Like 1