Airsporter mk5 service/smoothing out

Cheers mate. Much appreciated. It also needs a new lever retaining latch as the hook on it has snapped in the past so the lever doesn't lock up. Think a bit of saving is going to be needed ? But for the time being ill work on removing the crud from the inside of the cylinder

Edited by hedge wanderer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just click on the link it may help you out with a few tips Bsa,air Sporter Refurb   atvbjimmy

BIG MAC , hes one of the best and will go out of his way to help anyone.  

Cheers for your opinion on it mate? I havnt seen anything like that either mate. All the repro piston heads have the one O ring so going to go with one of them. Either from John knibbs or T R Robb

Posted Images

Ye no rush mate, the more time you spend on prep, the better the rifle will be, have a look on T R Robb website, he does some good aftermarket/tuning bits for the Airsporter, there should be a retaining pin for the piston head, if there is not one, I would suspect a different piston has been fitted at some point, should be nice when its done.

Instead of using the steel export piston head, could I just use the lighter, bsa plastic piston head, or do you recommend the steel export one over these? Or what’s your opinion on the alloy piston head, just I don’t really want the power increasing too much by using the steel head?

Edited by hedge wanderer
1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

looking at this it dose look like the right piston Tim

and if you go into chambers and scowl over the diagram it blows it up so you can see it

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

24687.gif

No that isn’t very far mate. I’ve been looking at them but it only shows the one O ring at the front. Gonna get the piston head off sometime today and see why it’s wobbly for a start.

wish me luck lads ?

• Like 1

Ye thats what was throwing me the two o rings, put whatever piston head you like on it pal, its unlikely to take it over the limit, but as always check when done for piece of mind and to stay legal, I would probably buy a T R Robb tuning kit for it, they look pretty good.

2 hours ago, hedge wanderer said:

Found it haha. Looks like there's 2 pins? One is silver and the other is tarnished so probably the actual pin 

20180404_110300.jpg

If you look at the pic of the two o rings it looks like a brass head

it may be some one in the past has had that made by some one and its not been fitted right

out of all the rifles iv done iv never come across a brass head before i dont know if Tim has mind

but brass is a soft none ferrous metal

and i dont think it would be any good in a rifle

just my thoughts mind ,

Im sure Tim can put me right if im wrong

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I have never encountered a brass head either, it does look like someone has made this up at some time, the TR Robb kit comes with an oversize pin, so should hold the new one firmly even iff there is a little play in the existing hole, plus you get buffer washers and power washers, you could always send your spring off to Tinbum tuning so he can make a delrin guide and top hat to fit precisely, all for around 20 quid.

• Like 1