Hale vetenary Group

We were out rabbitting yesterday afternoon ,2 terriers and 2 lurchers .Bushed a few for the long dogs and terriers had a rat each round a pond .Just headed back the truck and a muntjac buck exploded out of a thick hedge .The bigger of the two lurcher nailed it unintentionally, rolled over with it and got two rips in her side for her troubles .Nothing drastic just two one inch rips .The lad whos' dog it was panicked a bit and phoned the Hale vets despite me telling him we can deal with it .Long and short ,we arrived at the vets and he was told there was a fee to pay over the phone before they would open the doors !£161.00?

He payed it expecting to pay may be £400 for stitches .He phoned me saying the c**ts wanted £1600 and wouldnt even clean the area without a large deposit .Vet was told to do one and dog now sorted. 

Bank holiday is one thing but playing on people' emotions is a shit deal .Vet wouldnt' break down cost either for a 15 minute stitch up . Animal lovers my arse .

• Like 6

Had to pay 850 one Xmas eve after a run in with a muntjac. And the vets called us at 1am asking if we could pick him up as he was upset and crying and keeping the other patients awake, they could have just gave him something to chill him out. I really thought his jaw was broken. He hates deer now and round my way muntjac are everywhere, we use a different vets now and try get them to track vets if we can, atb

As already said use google etc to find some sort of veterinary body that you can complain to coz surely they should have some level of duty of care towards injured animals. Fcuking disgusting behaviour by Hale vets!! Atb

I took a dog to coombefield vetinary hospital in axminster,devon and was told it was kennel cough when infact it was a diagramitic hernia.she was like that for a week before i had to take her back and they realised what it was.she had to be pts right there then.

Wouldn't even give my money back for the wrong consultation.

Took my pup in told me she had ran into something solid broke a rib it was puncturing her lung she was in 4 days first night the drained air from her chest cavity wanted to send her for MRI scan as they didnt know what was wrong with her   in the morning they phoned  saying she couldn't stand and wanted to put her to sleep . we walked in with her sister she walked out and collapsed in my arms and her sister went into the kennel with her , i said i will take her home thanks and they wouldn't release her due to her being on morphine . Picked her up in the morning two weeks in a box in the living room massages pain relief now months down the line you wouldn't know she had a accident . After a month we took her back and they didn't belief it was the same dog i said no bad for a 14 month pup you wanted to put down shes a merel no other dogs going to have similar markings ? , They asked to see her in another month just out of curiosity  i said the second words off  you want me to pay the £25 consultation fee for your curiosity ?. 

I wont be back found out there's a local vet got terriers i will be going there in future 

Its no about the animals any more its all about the money and they show it personalized plates on brand new cars 

• Like 3

I have a vet 10 mins from me but they are only interested in pets realy the original man retired and they wont do my spaniels tails, so I now go 40 mins but good vet and cheaper, I think he is a bit farer cos there working dogs as well.

When a bad situation arises, you can bet yer life, it will be on a fecking Sunday...:yes:

Vets are no different any other business,..they are in it for the vonga,.I don't like it, but I don't blame them...

So, if you have to go, it is favorite to have a few strings to your bow, just in case,...in other words, have a backup plan in place, should one guy not be available.

Obviously, a running dog vet is way ahead of a Hamster man, but even they like to have some time off...

What I learned several decades ago is,..try to sort your own animals out, if at all possible...

Breaks and real bad injuries are beyond the scope of most of us, but, stitching and stapling, superficial wounds, is perfectly possible...

It might be my imagination, but I've noticed a definite decline in performance from dogs that have had numerous sedated episodes, as a result of needing stitches.

Playing at being a Vet can be a foolish and irresponsible game to indulge in,.and whilst a little knowledge (in any subject) can sometimes be a dangerous thing,..educating yourself in basic first aid for jukels can save a whole lot of heartache,.and a fair bit of cash as well...:thumbs:

• Like 8

Your right Phil . Wasn’t my dog so not my intitial call but she’s sorted now costing nothing if you follow . 

Just need to replace what I used from a mate . Bank holidays usually for us mate . Last Christmas Eve same dog , barbed wire down the back . She’s full on and that always means it’s on the cards ime . 

• Like 1

You got to do your homework when looking for a vet. My last one was spot on and luckily when I moved I found another good one. Ask lots of questions before you sign up to anything. Get a second opinion if needs be. As Phil said, basic first aid and a little knowledge is good to have. I always carry a basic first aid kit. Rarely used it but the other week I’m glad I had it as my dog had a bad injury and I managed to sort him enough until I got him to the vets. It’s a shame that most vets charge the Earth. 

0B6B875F-F8D3-4A4C-82ED-50F921EA4167.jpeg

Edited by white van man
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ginger beard said:

I took a dog to coombefield vetinary hospital in axminster,devon and was told it was kennel cough when infact it was a diagramitic hernia.she was like that for a week before i had to take her back and they realised what it was.she had to be pts right there then.

Wouldn't even give my money back for the wrong consultation.

Shit that is 

• Like 1