• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beddy greyhound x bull greyhound. Atb Adam 

If you get the right buddy x they top dogs here my beddy grey zack

My Beddy Whippet. Nearly 3 years old, around 19".........

Posted Images

On 01/04/2018 at 18:17, Jerry71 said:

No mate, bred in the Midlands, bitch is like your Bruce and dog is a good bedy whippet. Old fella as bred this x for years and he sounds quite knowledgeable on bedlington terriers. I'm looking forward to meeting him tomorrow. I'm going for a bitch but I'll leave with the best pup left or walk away. Atb 

From Leicester? 

On 10/04/2018 at 14:58, Marvel said:

Is terry ahern still breeding bedy/greys?

Tinker is out of Terry's bedlington and a good coursing Greyhound.I think he breeds a litter to keep his line going, the bedlington dog I saw out of his stuff as got to be one of the best pure bedlingtons I have seen in years. Atb

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

The little fawn bitch is beddy x whippet and the other bitch is beddy x whippet x bull x greyhound.

Done a bit myself today was a great day, I love getting out with the dogs and ferrets can't get enough of it, well done Trev

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

Trev what is your opinion  on the beddy whippet  it looks as though u work them hard enough but some people  say the aren't  fast enough

Be interesting to hear other people's opinion on this too. 

My brother in law's dog, gc beddy x whip/grey, 20 1/2" was no slouch over about 50 yards,  but was sometimes made to look a little lacking speedwise, on the lamp.  And if a hare got up, he had no chance, only seen him catch one, and that was lucky, and when he missed, would then be head down and gone for the next 15-20 mins.  Daytime, he was a cracking dog, and caught well, and would work tirelessly all morning.

I know not a 1st x beddy/whippet, but roughly the same size.  I think if a 1st x turns out quite small, say less than 19", they're not going to be as fast as a slightly taller pup from same litter, generally.