I bought one, and won't be buying any more. Don't rate them to be honest. Temperamental, flaw with that dog, and not very versatile.  They ain't exactly cheap over here either. Also only legal for use on squirrel and rat. I just can't see them catching on.

Just giving my honest opinion.

• Like 1

I have caught a few Squirrels and a mink in them, one fault with the large ones is the treadle plate is too small, { same size as the small trap }, i have made the plates bigger, i also think they would work better as a run through in a tunnel.

1 hour ago, myersbg said:

I have caught a few Squirrels and a mink in them, one fault with the large ones is the treadle plate is too small, { same size as the small trap }, i have made the plates bigger, i also think they would work better as a run through in a tunnel.

I too made the plate bigger on the one I bought, and moved the pan and dog right over to one corner, past the spring which help somewhat with keeping that dog out of the animals face when fired.

Thanks for all the responses.  Yes, the KORO trap has some flaws.  The most obvious is the positioning of the trap dog.  To avoid the dog from flying up and hitting the squirrel, causing a miss catch, this squirrel was conditioned to bait placed on and under the right side of the trap pan.  That is why the corner strike.  

The pan size itself is rather small for this trap.

IMG_2433.thumb.jpg.00ffd34c69468c9dc534f372b72bdc19.jpgIMG_2436.thumb.jpg.74d64d043508041b2d5b72736f9ac45c.jpg

The KORO traps provided by PERDIX are finished with olive drab zinc electroplating.  This is not the case in North America... this KORO was spray painted to prevent rusting and provide camouflage.  This process of zinc electroplating may result in the higher cost of the trap in the UK.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.