Fishing Comp 2018

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come next year and get fed like a king ......    

Here you go walt..... Old kenneth ran me up to £35 on that print....... Had to be mine?? Pride of place ?????

Cups coming home to Wales this yr?big thank you to kev and finn for sorting us the venue, alot of stress on his part juggling everything, as always a sterling job?food cooked and delivered to your peg

Posted Images

On 14/07/2018 at 20:25, NEWKID said:

Lads.

Could really do with confirmed numbers now for fishing, anyone else who is coming to fish please put your name down on the other thread.

The venue is 5 small ponds, 1 is a specimens pond with fish up to 27lb, this can be fished on the Saturday if you fancy, or you can come and fish the river with me.

I think the match will need to  be fished over 2 ponds, 1 is a silver fish pond but holds a few carp and quite a few decent bream (I took a special guest off here to there last week and had probably 10 bream around 3lb, loads of skimmers, a couple of crucians, roach and a few nice rudd)

I reckon 40ish pound, so you could put a half decent weight together in there.

The other pond will have more carp, up to 10lb or so, I think to fair it up we'll make all carp count as 3lb....we can sort this on the Saturday.. 

For camping and fishing it will cost us £20, there are electric hook ups, shower block, shop, cafe etc...Mary will cook us breakfast each morning if we want it...

We've sorted a decent area away from the camping area to set up for presentation, Barbie etc...plus we can have a drink here without disturbing others as there will be other people staying on the site.

No problem with dogs but they will need to be under control preferably on a lead arou d the site, there are some cracking walks local plus for those who fish the river the dogs can have a good run there..

Tesco express in the village, couple of pubs, Ginger Cat deli (home made pasties, pies, pizza, scotch eggs, series etc) owned by an old mate of mine, pharmacy.

All bait can be bought on site, Inc maggots, caster and I'll bring a load of worms..

Expander pellets worked well for me, corn, lots of fish on maggot, feed pellet or groundbait for bream.

Keep nets and landing nets will be provided, you'll need landing net handles, bank sticks etc..

If your fishing the specimen pond, nets, handles and un hooking cradles are supplied...

Any other info Give me a shout

Is the £20 for 3 nights camping and fishing the match Kev?

Cheers, D.

41 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

and breakfast? ?

We usually do a communal breakfast. Hope your not vegetarian Walt, we usually go home constipated because the diet for the weekend is approx 90% meat lol

Cheers, D.

4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

We usually do a communal breakfast. Hope your not vegetarian Walt, we usually go home constipated because the diet for the weekend is approx 90% meat lol

Cheers, D.

Deffinately not! ?

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Not true Dave .... it's 50/50 meat and alcohol ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, dytkos said:

Is the £20 for 3 nights camping and fishing the match Kev?

Cheers, D.

Yes Dave

It's the cost for us to camp, use site facilities (Inc electric hook ups), and fish as much as you like...

We'll do our normal match fees for the charity...

• Like 4