Fishing Comp 2018

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come next year and get fed like a king ......    

Here you go walt..... Old kenneth ran me up to £35 on that print....... Had to be mine?? Pride of place ?????

Cups coming home to Wales this yr?big thank you to kev and finn for sorting us the venue, alot of stress on his part juggling everything, as always a sterling job?food cooked and delivered to your peg

Posted Images

In all fairness the BBQ is pretty much all down to me ... all Dan does is get the meat in prep it marinade it cook for two nights then scrub the BBQ clean when we get home .... The rest i have to do ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just got in after spending all day down Dawlish. 

Cracking weekend as always, all I can do is echo everybody’s comments. So thanks all concerned. Top job by Kev, Dave and Emma, Keith and Mary and Dan for the top notch grub and anybody else who contributed. 

It was  great to meet the new attendees, cracking couple of lads fair play. My kids have had a cracking time and really enjoyed meeting everybody, thanks to all you lads for treating them like you all did. 

Got a few pics here that I’ll get up tomorrow. 

Well done lads. Sounds like another cracking weekend. Apologies for not making it this year, but we had a bit of an issue at the last minute. I was well sick as I've been to all the previous 5. I'd even bought a rod permit.

No-one said who won the wooden spoon. (Again.) :whistling:

Looks like another great weekend had by all well done lads sorry couldn't make it this year was in France 2 weeks ago drive about 3 thousand miles came back to a back log of work , the banner arrived at kevs today ? Fecking parcels force ? . See yous next year hopefully a bit closer atb ?

25 minutes ago, walshie said:

Well done lads. Sounds like another cracking weekend. Apologies for not making it this year, but we had a bit of an issue at the last minute. I was well sick as I've been to all the previous 5. I'd even bought a rod permit.

No-one said who won the wooden spoon. (Again.) :whistling:

It's not about the winning it's the taking part ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Well lads another great weekend.. 

Good company, good fishing and the food as always was top notch..Dan is the Man..

Luccombes was a great place to host it, Dave and Graham (father and son who run it) have said they will attend next year where ever we host it, they loved the weekend and to be honest couldn't do anymore for us... I know a few lads are booking at the venue next year for a holiday, which is great.. 

The 2 new lads, Greyman and Walt were great company, thanks a lot lads for making the effort, hopefully a few more new faces next year and a few of the old faces who couldn't make it...

Thanks to Arry who turned up yesterday and put faces to.names, the beer and whisky (which we used for the coin toss) was most appreciated 

Thanks to Sean C for coming and watching me fish like a Muppet for 4 hours, cheers for the donation mate.

Emma and Mary at the venue catered for us every morning, full English and a cuppa, nothing is too much trouble, it was great for me personally to spend the weekend with Mary and Graham as they were a big part of my youth...

I don't think you will find better lads to spend a weekend with, as always the generosity is 2nd to none. We may just be a bunch of hairy assed hunting lads stuck in a field, but yet again with nearly a grand raised for charity it shows us in such a good light imo..

Big thanks to Joe for making a guest phone appearance last night and putting in a big lump of money as a secret bidder on the auction.. 

Autioneeer supreme Johnnyboy was as entertaining as ever.

Dytkos won the new wooden spoon, the pink dressing gown, he fitted in very well in the village shop..

Daniel Caine and Walt both went home with trophies, well fished lads..

Thanks Haymin for sending down the banner, it's going to be displayed in the fishery shop up on the wall...

So I'll be putting the link to the just giving page up tonight (Well my Mrs will lol), I'll bank the money tomorrow and that will be paid in.

Any lads on here that want to donate a couple of quid feel free, it's a great charity and our bit of effort will certainly make a difference...

Cheers for a great weekend lads, already looking forward to next year..

• Like 5