Fishing Comp 2018

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come next year and get fed like a king ......    

Here you go walt..... Old kenneth ran me up to £35 on that print....... Had to be mine?? Pride of place ?????

Cups coming home to Wales this yr?big thank you to kev and finn for sorting us the venue, alot of stress on his part juggling everything, as always a sterling job?food cooked and delivered to your peg

Posted Images

I'm not going yo make it this year lads got a wedding in august and will be coming back from holiday touring about in France at the start of the month as well kev can you send me details fir banner please and I'll send down something for auction) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been to the fishery today for a catch up with my old mate.

we’ve got a pitch for around 10 tents, plus a bit of room for vans if your kipping in them.

theres a site shop for everything including maggots, casters etc.

Cooked breakfast every morning if we want it.

my mate was fishing and he had half a dozen skimmers a couple of decent bream and a big hybrid whilst we yapped for half an hour or so.

theres a decent village 5 minutes down the road, couple of good pubs and a few shops inc Tesco’s express for essentials.

im going to do a day on the river on the Saturday for those that fancy it, if not there is a specimen lake on site with Carp

upto 27lb everything over 10lb in there..

we won't fish that one in the match so anybody who enjoys the more boring side of angling (pig chasing) can sit on there.

The fishery will supply landing nets and keepnets for the match, this reduces risk of disease.

its a very relaxed place, but he is a good friend of mine from childhood, so obviously we need to respect his rules and fish/act with in them...

it was cracking there today, loads of carp basking in the sun and a good few silver fish being caught.

im gonna fish it next week with Finley so I’ll let you know depths, rigs etc after..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, socks said:

Just a thought though. We will need more than 10 pitches won't we ??? 

Ye because if Jim's going to France driving about fair chance he will get lost and turn up there lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Been to the fishery today for a catch up with my old mate.

we’ve got a pitch for around 10 tents, plus a bit of room for vans if your kipping in them.

theres a site shop for everything including maggots, casters etc.

Cooked breakfast every morning if we want it.

my mate was fishing and he had half a dozen skimmers a couple of decent bream and a big hybrid whilst we yapped for half an hour or so.

theres a decent village 5 minutes down the road, couple of good pubs and a few shops inc Tesco’s express for essentials.

im going to do a day on the river on the Saturday for those that fancy it, if not there is a specimen lake on site with Carp

upto 27lb everything over 10lb in there..

we won't fish that one in the match so anybody who enjoys the more boring side of angling (pig chasing) can sit on there.

The fishery will supply landing nets and keepnets for the match, this reduces risk of disease.

its a very relaxed place, but he is a good friend of mine from childhood, so obviously we need to respect his rules and fish/act with in them...

it was cracking there today, loads of carp basking in the sun and a good few silver fish being caught.

im gonna fish it next week with Finley so I’ll let you know depths, rigs etc after..

When you said fishing the river Saturday is it with a rod or am I dredging again

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, twobob said:

When you said fishing the river Saturday is it with a rod or am I dredging again

Everyone on dry land this time Bob lol

4 hours ago, socks said:

Just a thought though. We will need more than 10 pitches won't we ??? 

f**k knows mate, at the minute there is around 12 I think going, could really do with confirmed numbers ASAP

can someone text Arch and Robbo as I’ve lost all my numbers.

cheers

6 hours ago, NEWKID said:

f**k knows mate, at the minute there is around 12 I think going, could really do with confirmed numbers ASAP

can someone text Arch and Robbo as I’ve lost all my numbers.

cheers

I'll ring Bry this affa mate.

Cheers, D.

Will try and call in on you guys if you don't mind. I'm supposed to be at a three day family do come mini festival type of thing but its not that far away. Going to try and sneak off for a few hours. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Arry said:

Will try and call in on you guys if you don't mind. I'm supposed to be at a three day family do come mini festival type of thing but its not that far away. Going to try and sneak off for a few hours. 

Cheers Arry

Be good to see you there mate.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm gonna travel down on Saturday and stay the night, maybe fish the match Sunday..... Just got to bribe my old girl to have the young uns for me?

Nice one Sean, be good to catch up mate,,

• Like 1