On a new perm

Been mad busy this last couple of weeks but I managed to secure a new bit of woodland only 10 minutes from home that will provide some brilliant roost shooting on the crows when I've got used to their behaviour on there so I had a little walk round last night and sure enough, it's teeming with them and as a bonus there are a few woodies about there too.

I was hoping to get under the crows but I was a wee bit late and they were already makung off from the daytime trees so i just sat tight and waited for any stragglers to pop in. Sure enough one did pop in and it was a woody at 45 yards and i could just about see a shot throgh the branches with the 99 from Si between his shoulder blades.

No trouble at all for the little rifle and with just the one in the bag it was off home happy as larry??

20180328_174742-2268x3024.thumb.jpg.024a352e63fda9f16907ec028876a5d4.jpg

20180328_221045-3024x2268.thumb.jpg.82b71c0794ed7bd5a4a9b1a2ca4705d0.jpg

20180328_222139-2268x3024.thumb.jpg.f5cf8f51cd824e70cbd630f22f5292e8.jpg

• Like 13

Nice shooting Matt.

Nice looking new perm` to                                                                                                                                                                                               twat.x

• Like 1

nice one matt:thumbs:

your doing well with that little 99...looks like it'll serve you well in that woodland!!

I managed a silhouette woody the other night, thought it was a crow cos its a massive rookery... took the 97 rat bashing!

that was an experience it got proper heavy after a while

3h81Vn1ySXKQ3dM3VlxMcg.thumb.jpg.244223894bd6359903886b2b1cc60510.jpg

forgot to sort it out when I got home so I slung it in the freezer the next day for a decoy, pity cos its a plump fecker!!

atb si 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

your doing well with that little 99...looks like it'll serve you well in that woodland!!

I managed a silhouette woody the other night, thought it was a crow cos its a massive rookery... took the 97 rat bashing!

forgot to sort it out when I got home so I slung it in the freezer the next day for a decoy, pity cos its a plump fecker!!

atb si 

Shhhhhhhhh ! Don`t let Jimmy read that Si :no:

:):laugh:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, mark williams said:

Nice shooting Matt.

Nice looking new perm` to                                                                                                                                                                                               twat.x

Cheers Mark.

There's more woodies on here than I've seen in a long while so I'm looking forward to some better bags hopefully?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, si brown said:

atb si 

Cheers Si?

It's the first woody I've had in bloody ages. Very happy driving home?

• Like 1