13 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

He was not a dog matcher mate, and not all of those dogs looked unfit.

The results of some of his crosses though can't be denied fella, pet bulls couldn't make their name in the box.

none looked fit fit to me mate if any that made good in the box did so from depth of breeding mate been he got good blood that kept throwing the goods 

that just shows the importance of quality blood ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bella she's a 5/8 3/8 who will be 12 months old next week,she's already bumped into a few odds & sods on our daily exercise wanders..she is 100% going to do what's asked of her if early indication

4th full season for this fella. Just does what he does. Been great to have him as a role model for young dog. Always keeps me happy this fella Atb Igz

Fawn dog...bull/grey x saluki/bull/grey....black bitch 1st x..

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

none looked fit fit to me mate if any that made good in the box did so from depth of breeding mate been he got good blood that kept throwing the goods 

that just shows the importance of quality blood ?

He didn't match dogs mate, and truth be told most of his breedings were sold to pet homes as well.

Hell a lot of the dogs that made it in to the box were done so by relative novices, the dogs still competed nevertheless, just shows the quality of the animals.

Of course blood counts mate, you can't put something in if it isn't there in the first place. ? 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?when it comes to what they are for there on another level mate

Which always puzzles me on why pures haven't replaced the coursing bred dogs over here.

It's a bit like a mongrel replacing the APBT as the king of fighting, just wouldn't happen.

I think the dog men over here know their shit mate. ?

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Which always puzzles me on why pures haven't replaced the coursing bred dogs over here.

It's a bit like a mongrel replacing the APBT as the king of fighting, just wouldn't happen.

I think the dog men over here know their shit mate. ?

Pures were there before the coursing breds 

Its a bit like getting an apbt crossing it to a Stafford then back to apbt then breeding best to best 

Without a doubt men made a cracking coursing bred bit they could a made a cracking line a pures if things were different 

49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Pures were there before the coursing breds 

Its a bit like getting an apbt crossing it to a Stafford then back to apbt then breeding best to best 

Without a doubt men made a cracking coursing bred bit they could a made a cracking line a pures if things were different 

I know pures were there before but that doesn't mean a breed or type can't be improved mate.

Western dogmen are probably the best in the world mate IMO.

50 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I know pures were there before but that doesn't mean a breed or type can't be improved mate.

There was hardly any available to "dogmen". The few that were, got crossed with what they already had, lurchers, greyhounds, then best to best. It would have been interesting if some folk had just worked and bred purebreds over the same time?

10 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

There was hardly any available to "dogmen". The few that were, got crossed with what they already had, lurchers, greyhounds, then best to best. It would have been interesting if some folk had just worked and bred purebreds over the same time?

But they were here though so don't understand why you would put them over lurchers or greyhound's if the pures were better and not lacking anything?

If I bought a pure APBT I wouldn't just put any old dog over it if I was struggling to find something, I'd buy another APBT.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But they were here though so don't understand why you would put them over lurchers or greyhound's if the pures were better and not lacking anything?

If I bought a pure APBT I wouldn't just put any old dog over it if I was struggling to find something, I'd buy another APBT.

Were are you getting them from mate lol

Only so many men would let you use a pure in the 70s 

Most a the pures in the  start a todays coursing bred all come from the same place mate ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

I'd say better for our land maybe mate but no coursing bred has stamina wind to keep going like a strong pure mate