Metal detecting section

4 minutes ago, mackem said:

You can get a nice minilab for that price,when you see aussie goldhunters on TV 9 times out of 10 they are using minelabs because they work,i have used one for ages.

https://www.detecnicks.co.uk/Minelab_Metal_Detectors.html

I wouldn’t even know what to be looking at with them, how can there be so many choices in detectors.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea. used to go out all the time few yrs ago .i didn't find my fortune but found some interesting stuff .my brother was detecting along the river bank in p,borough and he found gold cameo a

Will dig my finds box, mostly worthless but interesting. Have posted a few finds on here before under the title dirt fishing. Picture of an old lead stamp with a running dog on it.  

If I ask and I'm told no ill stay away.. Just how I am, no point me asking if the reply means nothing

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I wouldn’t even know what to be looking at with them, how can there be so many choices in detectors.

Phone the shop,explain your a beginner,tell them what you want to look for etc,they will advise you,if you do get a machine look for a club in your area,someone will take you out and show you the ropes.

25 minutes ago, mackem said:

Phone the shop,explain your a beginner,tell them what you want to look for etc,they will advise you,if you do get a machine look for a club in your area,someone will take you out and show you the ropes.

And that’s exactly what will put me off, I have no interest or time in joining clubs, I just want to walk out my back door and while away an hour when I feel like it.

would rather let someone else go look.

I couldn't do a club rally, I just look up old trackways bridleways and footpath's and go for a look have always come back with some interesting mostly worthless find. Lol

If you have your own land then you don't have to deal with the legality's of it.

I reckon I have got the money back on mine if I could be bothered to sell a bit of gold.

• 1 year later...
On 10/06/2019 at 11:16, Kay said:

What fired my interest was finding some fossils as a kid & I gave them to the geography teacher at the high school even then it dawned on me that when I opened up the slate I was the first living thing to have been that for millions of years & quite honestly that blew my mind .

One of the youtube chanels did a video the other week of random finds he has collected over the last 10 years & this badge popped up . its got Armfield & co on the back which I find to be a button makers in birmingham but I cant find any badges/buttons like it on line ... it looks like a hare on the front of it ..any ideas ?

capture-20190610-111110.jpg

It's a hunt button....stands for xxxx Harriers. Would need to know where it was found to identify the pack. There was hundreds of packs of harriers from the beginning of the last century, most disappearing with the first word war and many of the remaining ones by the second. 

Let me know if it's ever for sale or swap as I collect hunt buttons 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Arry said:

I also would like to see a Metal Detecting/ Field Walking section on the site many lads seem interested. It is Hunting in a way hunting for treasure.

Cheers Arry

Bloody want want want....

• Haha 2