Metal detecting section

Find loads of this Milton metal along the south coast beaches, I'm told it goes back to ww2 when the RAF returning home from an unsuccessful bombing trip would let go their incendiary bombs in the channel as they we're not permitted to land carrying them. 

1553290299294124403544.jpg.b04c9db85666b0765927fda2ea35c783.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea. used to go out all the time few yrs ago .i didn't find my fortune but found some interesting stuff .my brother was detecting along the river bank in p,borough and he found gold cameo a

Will dig my finds box, mostly worthless but interesting. Have posted a few finds on here before under the title dirt fishing. Picture of an old lead stamp with a running dog on it.  

If I ask and I'm told no ill stay away.. Just how I am, no point me asking if the reply means nothing

Posted Images

3 hours ago, walshie said:

Someone suggested a fishing forum and got one. :yes:

Therefore, Mr Moderator, may I respectfully suggest that a metal detecting section seems to have a good deal of support ?

(And it was a "fishing equipment for sale" section..........just saying.saying.) ;)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

Therefore, Mr Moderator, may I respectfully suggest that a metal detecting section seems to have a good deal of support ?

(And it was a "fishing equipment for sale" section..........just saying.saying.) ;)

Request acknowledged and filed in the appropriate place. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I watch quite a few metal detecting channels on youtube & am saving up for a detecter now , be nice to find a roman coin in the future 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough, I’ve thought about trying it for years but never found the time or enthusiasm.

yesterday I let a fella go round the fields, he knocked the door on the off chance on Saturday, gave me his card and we had a chat, so I said yes.

He didn’t find anything valuable (that he told me about ?) but a load of musket balls, a lead stamp thingy, a few old fired brass cases and other bits of junk, interesting stuff but no real value.

Between yesterday and seeing this thread it has given me an itch that I think I need to scratch, so.....

whats the best detctor that doesnt need a mortgage ?

What fired my interest was finding some fossils as a kid & I gave them to the geography teacher at the high school even then it dawned on me that when I opened up the slate I was the first living thing to have been that for millions of years & quite honestly that blew my mind .

One of the youtube chanels did a video the other week of random finds he has collected over the last 10 years & this badge popped up . its got Armfield & co on the back which I find to be a button makers in birmingham but I cant find any badges/buttons like it on line ... it looks like a hare on the front of it ..any ideas ?

capture-20190610-111110.jpg

53 minutes ago, Kay said:

What fired my interest was finding some fossils as a kid & I gave them to the geography teacher at the high school even then it dawned on me that when I opened up the slate I was the first living thing to have been that for millions of years & quite honestly that blew my mind .

One of the youtube chanels did a video the other week of random finds he has collected over the last 10 years & this badge popped up . its got Armfield & co on the back which I find to be a button makers in birmingham but I cant find any badges/buttons like it on line ... it looks like a hare on the front of it ..any ideas ?

capture-20190610-111110.jpg

Could the B H stand for brown hare? I know nothing about metal detecting, but have watched a few good programs of the finds etc

4 hours ago, mackem said:

Whats your budget?Forest of dean redneck mentioned a great one that's not going to break the bank,garret ace 250.

It would need to be under a grand, I do like good kit, buy once cry once so to speak

20 minutes ago, Rabid said:

It would need to be under a grand, I do like good kit, buy once cry once so to speak

You can get a nice minilab for that price,when you see aussie goldhunters on TV 9 times out of 10 they are using minelabs because they work,i have used one for ages.

https://www.detecnicks.co.uk/Minelab_Metal_Detectors.html