Not a rat to be.........

Well, after setting up with cb longs at 27 yards, and having just about finished off my target holder/pellet catcher, I set off to shoot some of the many rats I’ve been seeing for the last month all along the embankment. Hmm, not a rat to be seen, plenty of rabbits again, but mostly out of range of the cb’s accuracy potential. Having said that, I was able to achieve minute of squirrels head at 35 yards. The cb’s we’re cloverleafing at 27 yards after I’d run a few through the barrel to bed them in. Not a great range,but more than enough for what I intended to use them for today. I’ve not given up on the rats though, I’ll be back...

AAA5B47C-AD06-455D-A002-8AD0FD72C91E.jpeg

A06665F8-0ABA-46C7-A41B-1FF87EF1EABD.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brickhill said:

You’ve certainly destroyed that target holder. Your Annie looks like mine but it hates CBS.

I find that the first ten shots or so are fairly awful, second ten they start to bed in and close up, but only at short range Nigel. They were shooting within an inch at 35 yards. Hardly fantastic, but usable out to 30-35 yard range maximum shot from the right barrel. I normally use them at 20 yards shooting rats. Rws z Lang’s I find far superior, but quite a bit more powerful.Couldn’t get the cb longs to work with any useful accuracy at all in the sportsman, but that barrel liked stingers. The only one I’ve known to actually shoot stingers well. To be fair to the ‘el cheapo’ target holder. It’d already suffered a fair few hits from a couple of fac rapids,lol.....although the cb’s proved harder hitting than the rapids 900fps 16grain pellets. The cb longs are no match for fac air though in terms of accuracy, as you probably well know.