jackdaws

live in mid terrace with quite a large garden . We get a large number of jackdaws sitting on the roof if i shot them on the roof they are bound to fall next door which i dont want . How can i tempt them down into the garden below the 6ft fencing ?

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, oakey said:

Am i right in thinking that the general licence says you cant shoot jackdaws if yes would admin please remove my post 

No. Jackdaws are on the GL. My point was you can't just shoot them because they get on your nerves. You have to try other methods to get rid of them first. 

General licences

You can use a general licence to kill or capture certain wild birds (including removing or destroying their eggs and nests) to:

If none of the above reasons apply, you can't shoot them. A few other people on this site would do well to read and understand this.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Do I need to apply for a license or let anybody know I wanna cull some jackdaws at work??

You don't need to apply for a GL. As long as one or more of the above criteria are met, crack on. 

54 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Well they shit all over farm an drop  stuff all over it, shit in feed bays an all over milk tanks so I think I’ll get rid of a few, somebody told me I need a licence tho so haven’t as of yet, fcuk air rifles tho I’ll catch them in traps or get somebody with a bird of prey or summat ?

Sounds like you're covered under the health risk bit.

Get yourself an air rifle - you can have it on your shoulder while working and, shoot them when an opportunity presents itself :thumbs: