Winnie subs going zing

So yesterday morning went for a mooch ,first time in weeks but thanks to fencing contractors n chainsaws not a bunny to be seen ,decided to check zero as the cz hadnt been out since initial days.Well fitting the T67 ad moved her to the right <???> so on the fourth shot zing sonic crack,checked the mag all winnie subs but by shot ten 3 had gone supersonic.Never had this before a startling animal scaring crack  x 3 from the same box of subs .

Anyone else experienced this wtf moment or is it just my 25 broken mirrrors kind iof luck:doh:

I've had this before. Sometimes if a batch or brand of bullets is close in speed to the sound barrier the odd one can go over the line causing the crack. Another thing that can cause it is temperature, atmospheric pressure and humidity. Another day and it could all be different.

Ps sometimes on the target shooting range you can see the bullets from the next shooter going down range like a silver streak. I dont think that it is the bullet that can be seen but a decompression wave like can be seen over aircraft wings caused by humidity. 

Edited by Meece
Add text
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rimfire Rifles Freedom
      Hello all.?
      Just an update as it has been a while.I have been looking for a subsonic .22LR hollow point that shoots well from a cold clean bore and have recently started using RWS subs which do well, typically from the first shot..I have used a few different brands of subsonic H.P.s and they all group quite well after 5 or so fouling shots, but RWS like the cold clean bore,needless to say I am a happy and for me, decent shooting.?.I have used the RWS before in the old Annie 1416 DG and it was equally consistent in that rifle.
      A couple of typical below all from a cold clean bore..My scope is a Hawke Vantage x2 -x7 32mm A.O. with illuminated reticle which is a great field scope but lacks magnification for target shooting so is sometimes difficult to deduce if a shot has been pulled, but I love the scope.
      Have a good weekend all.?

• By Baldcoot
      Well I got 2 unused table clamps and a need for stability. 
      Cant afford the new style tripods <on furlough pay>,so I thought make your own. So drill n tap m10x1.5 in the base of said bracket .
      Cut 2 pieces 7.5x3.5cm steel plate and fix to clamp .Drill hole and fit split pin to stop wind out in turnscrew. Then cut leather patches to fit and bond with contact adhesive, allowing 24 hours  to cure and Bob's your job.
      Stable, free and hands free atb 

• By Baldcoot
      Fred J Taylor's book on ferreting, shooting, poaching and lots of recipes. 1 at the end of each chapter free to a good gnome.
      Usual Stravros rules apply ,open to all till 5pm Monday then il pick a random winner and post it to the lucky 1 atb and good luck

• By Baldcoot
      Friday night thought i,d have a pre pheasant delivery fox mooch .Pardnv 007 on a Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 on top of a cz452 in,22.l/r but with CCI segs in for mr charles .
      Also my spanish pal wanted some bunnies for the b,b,q <his fault the weather,s gone pooh>so the segs  do both ,set off about 10.30pm in squalid dirty patchy fog but i thought helps me to hide and the thermal spotter keeps mr charles in view .4 frustrating hours later old charley boy is a no show so back to the car i stomp.
      Suddenly a suicidal rabbit just pops up from his hole and stares at this big lump in the fog ,well at 10yds even this blind old blinker couldnt miss ,the Pard,s clear unfuzzy picture is sweet and no 1 is bagged after gutting . A nice size buck <meal for 2 > carry on plodding .
      Across the meadow towards the gate a small blobb is being chased by a horny blobb so i put the rifle up and the doe is no 2 for the bbq .Gutted and bagged back to the car i trots.
      Wish id got this sooner its far superior to Photon and sony camera or hawkes own monocular for image quality and range atb and good hunting 

• By Underdog
      Got chance to test Gavs balls this afternoon! That sounds all wrong!!
      The balls Gav kindly cast and sent me I mean.
      I used an old sign that's lay in the grass for years. Take a look and I will explain.

I was aiming for the P at 30yds.
      The two shots close to the P and the shot just above them two were the best load chain today. The high one was the aiming, I was seeing to much barrel and the following two responded perfectly to my adjusted hold.
      The other three were a different load and unsatisfactory.
      In saying that the sign easily represents a small deers chest and all six shots would of killed a deer!
      With the good load I should be able to hunt rabbit with.
      Here is the reverse side of the target.

I love this fusil, it has a fast lock and gets good speed up.
      Got some squirrel with shot too.

Cheers  Gav, now I know it's worth getting a mould.

U.