• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a pic mid-construction Foxdropper to give you an idea

Bed and Job Done!

Didn't cut the bottom out of our plastic pipe  due to not wanting anything extending it, our brick ones are solid floor also just quarter fill with muck to give the natural feel, also cut your plastic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, trapliner said:

Always cut six inch out of the bottom of plastic pipe so they are running on soil rather than plastic they don’t seem to like traveling on plastic must be something to do with grip

I was told that if you cut them in half lengthwise then you obviously double the length . And then we rested them in a channel lined with sand . I was also told they don’t like traveling on plastic but the rabbits burrowed in and around it and given it a bit of “air conditioning “ which I don’t think Charlie likes . I think if I’d done what you did it would have been a better job . You live and learn !

Didn't cut the bottom out of our plastic pipe  due to not wanting anything extending it, our brick ones are solid floor also just quarter fill with muck to give the natural feel, also cut your plastic pipe in 2ft lengths as a dig is not always in the chamber and you need some sharp bends , something to slow the terrier down for a clear shot. 

• Like 4
53 minutes ago, nick703 said:

Didn't cut the bottom out of our plastic pipe  due to not wanting anything extending it, our brick ones are solid floor also just quarter fill with muck to give the natural feel, also cut your plastic pipe in 2ft lengths as a dig is not always in the chamber and you need some sharp bends , something to slow the terrier down for a clear shot. 

Sounds like sensible advice mate . ?

• Like 1

Best artificials here are the ones made of old foot round clay pipes with soil in the bottom. W shaped with oven in the V .Straight runs hold too depending on wind direction .One of the farms I do has two artificial from a bygone pirate pack that hold in prefeference to 3 old badger setts .No rhyme to it really. Only criteria seems to be peace and quiet and not tried too often .