Air Arms Pro Sport after the Wood Pigeons.

Thought I would try my hand at a little decoying session over spring barley, just sown.

This time of year, decoying, I have always gone shot gunning as the tree and ground cover is so barren .

Anyway I thought a good test to get them landing close to me with the lack of cover and also using a spring powered air rifle.

First bird to land instantly clattered away.

Second - the same.

3rd, 4th, 5th - all instantly clattered away, - something is badly wrong ?

I had 9 cradled dead wood pigeons in use, not in the greatest condition but I`ll change them the instance I shoot a fresh bird.

6th landed, took it with a heart lung shot, swapped it for a decoy bird.

Well to cut a long story short, this was going on, and on and I just couldn`t work out what the feck I was doing wrong ? :icon_redface:

Set up the same as I always do, what`s wrong !!!

Hide was perfect, no see through areas, roof was perfect, couldn`t see a thing, I told Kaiser to stay while I checked the decoys yet again,- perfect !

I`m in a full leaf suit, gloves, mask, all perfect and then " There It Was " - such a bloody schoolboy error on my part !!!

I`d told Kaiser to STAY, in the hide, he stood on my bucket seat to see me and he stood out like a bloody lighthouse, the small area to shoot through, you could see daylight through the leafless branches behind the hide so that anything in the hide produced seen movement.

I hung up my leaf suit pants behind me for the last hour,-did the trick and LESSON LEARNED :duh:

The Pro Sport then got tested, - that mistake won`t happen again lads. :no:

IMG_0973.JPG.74486b240bdd81758d1dc9d5172ebb03.JPG

• Like 5

Nice one 👍

So when you getting the dog some Camo gear mark😀

cant believe you get out so much, it’s permanently windy here... got finished at dinner time yesterday! Got to the perm windy as  feck :( didn’t even get the gear out of the car!!

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, villaman said:

have you retired Mark or have ripped everybody of so you don't have to work  . Just seems you out shooting more than working you lazy sod :laugh::thumbs:

Since you and Big Mac and others came down for your shooting lessons I thought, well this is a lot easier than the building trades, so yeah, it`s great.

How are you getting on with your grip Mitch ?

Working "a week in hand" at that little durex factory as a durex tester, "must be helping you along some", isn`t it ?  :rofl::laugh:

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, mark williams said:

Since you and Big Mac and others came down for your shooting lessons I thought, well this is a lot easier than the building trades, so yeah, it`s great.

How are you getting on with your grip Mitch ?

Working "a week in hand" at that little durex factory as a durex tester, "must be helping you along some", isn`t it ?  :rofl::laugh:

The pro sport is good as it is Mark

GET IT TUNE,D MATE YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW GOOD IT WILL BE THEN

a TOP CLASS RIFLE

Shame the only thing that lets it down is the shooter behind it

you:laugh:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 2