Air Arms Pro Sport after the Wood Pigeons.

Thought I would try my hand at a little decoying session over spring barley, just sown.

This time of year, decoying, I have always gone shot gunning as the tree and ground cover is so barren .

Anyway I thought a good test to get them landing close to me with the lack of cover and also using a spring powered air rifle.

First bird to land instantly clattered away.

Second - the same.

3rd, 4th, 5th - all instantly clattered away, - something is badly wrong ?

I had 9 cradled dead wood pigeons in use, not in the greatest condition but I`ll change them the instance I shoot a fresh bird.

6th landed, took it with a heart lung shot, swapped it for a decoy bird.

Well to cut a long story short, this was going on, and on and I just couldn`t work out what the feck I was doing wrong ? :icon_redface:

Set up the same as I always do, what`s wrong !!!

Hide was perfect, no see through areas, roof was perfect, couldn`t see a thing, I told Kaiser to stay while I checked the decoys yet again,- perfect !

I`m in a full leaf suit, gloves, mask, all perfect and then " There It Was " - such a bloody schoolboy error on my part !!!

I`d told Kaiser to STAY, in the hide, he stood on my bucket seat to see me and he stood out like a bloody lighthouse, the small area to shoot through, you could see daylight through the leafless branches behind the hide so that anything in the hide produced seen movement.

I hung up my leaf suit pants behind me for the last hour,-did the trick and LESSON LEARNED :duh:

The Pro Sport then got tested, - that mistake won`t happen again lads. :no:

IMG_0973.JPG.74486b240bdd81758d1dc9d5172ebb03.JPG

• Like 5

Nice one ?

So when you getting the dog some Camo gear mark?

cant believe you get out so much, it’s permanently windy here... got finished at dinner time yesterday! Got to the perm windy as  feck :( didn’t even get the gear out of the car!!

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, villaman said:

have you retired Mark or have ripped everybody of so you don't have to work  . Just seems you out shooting more than working you lazy sod :laugh::thumbs:

Since you and Big Mac and others came down for your shooting lessons I thought, well this is a lot easier than the building trades, so yeah, it`s great.

How are you getting on with your grip Mitch ?

Working "a week in hand" at that little durex factory as a durex tester, "must be helping you along some", isn`t it ?  :rofl::laugh:

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, mark williams said:

Since you and Big Mac and others came down for your shooting lessons I thought, well this is a lot easier than the building trades, so yeah, it`s great.

How are you getting on with your grip Mitch ?

Working "a week in hand" at that little durex factory as a durex tester, "must be helping you along some", isn`t it ?  :rofl::laugh:

The pro sport is good as it is Mark

GET IT TUNE,D MATE YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE HOW GOOD IT WILL BE THEN

a TOP CLASS RIFLE

Shame the only thing that lets it down is the shooter behind it

you:laugh:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 2