Julian barnfield grass

They would definitely sell terrierwork for a return to free range hollering and tallyhoing .It all came to a head with me  one day when I had a gate slammed shut as I approached on the quad and told I wasn't welcome at the dig .The same hunt where I got the nickname of foxdropper and for those of you unaware of hunt history ,a foxdropper was the person who provided a fox when needed ,ready to go .Up til then rumours had it I was supplying a nearby hunt with their foxes too which was bollocks.Rumour  started by a jealous so called pro terrierman .Started digging seriously from then on and killed everything ,still do .Had  rows with the c**ts many times since but now dig on most their country with landowners blessing .?

• Like 9

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody not affiliated with a hunt has always been blamed for their actions ,seen it many times and been blamed myself .There are those in hunting who couldn't give a f**k about the sport as a whole o

Not many have time for fucks on horseback in Ireland,we remember our history,these are the breed that persecuted us and starved us so we ate grass.The working class in England did not fare much better

Bad craic, I've found with a few different hunt terriermen that they begin to get the 'typical' hunt attitude that the land is all theirs and no one else should be allowed on. They seem to forget thei

Posted Images

well here my view on what seems a bitter thread, republicans killed more catholics that the british fact.  def don't agree with what the some of the stuff that happened, but heres another its the irish antis that's trying to ban hunting in Ireland not the british. for a thread about a grass doing damage to hunting lads, the division in the ranks is doing more damage than the antis for they might infight but where it counted they had their sh1t together where we just back stabbed, belittled and took the how mightier than thou stance then wonder what happened and try point finger of blame. and looking at this thread what example does it show the world?  history cant be changed but needs to be laid to rest where the survival of modern day hunting is concerned and we need to stick together and be better prepared to fight to save it

• Like 5

The thing about fox hunting is it’s got very little to do with killing stuff , and a lot to do with horse riding . I’m a keeper who keeps terriers and does a bit with the local hunt and help the terrier man a few times during the season . What I’ve noticed is a lot of being a hunt terrier man is being able to be a representative for the hunt , liaise with keepers and land owners , and be personable , diplomatic, and trustworthy. The hunting scene is a bit cliquey , and they don’t trust newcomers (for fear of anti infiltration) . A lot  of dog lads are rough and ready types . Who can come across as a bit coarse, “I’m trying to be diplomatic “. Because of this the door to the hunting world is closed to them . It’s then a bit like because I can’t get in that club “it’s shit , they’re w@xkers “ . The fact is for most hunt terrier jobs there are a lot of “dog lads “ applying. I personally don’t ride with a hunt or have any desire to , but I love the whole thing , hearing the hounds in full cry , seeing the field tearing across fields , and then the best sound of all that long blast on the horn . I can also say that all the people I’ve come across in hunting have been very nice . We are all on this site   Passionate about our sport , the likes of Barnfield should know better, we must all support each other’s sport . 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Kaiser Sozé said:

Some foxhound packs here are and have been hunted by not only top class hound men but top class terriermen to boot. Men who know more about breeding, working and digging terriers than most ever will...men you definitely could not call posh!

It is important not to miss the point. It's not the likes of those men above that are the problem and they are a rarity.  It's generally only some with a twisted sense of hunting. But when you sit across the table from them and listen to their openly contradictory ole bluff it's fairly difficult to stomach. But at least their consistent as it's fair to say most foot hunters are thought of in the same way. Fact. 

It would be fairly pathetic of any hunter to gloat on the demise of another hunt discipline, but I bet those who get the bigger picture would feel it more than those with narrow minded views. 

And yes Liam. Tom Barry is a legend. 

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

The thing about fox hunting is it’s got very little to do with killing stuff , and a lot to do with horse riding . I’m a keeper who keeps terriers and does a bit with the local hunt and help the terrier man a few times during the season . What I’ve noticed is a lot of being a hunt terrier man is being able to be a representative for the hunt , liaise with keepers and land owners , and be personable , diplomatic, and trustworthy. The hunting scene is a bit cliquey , and they don’t trust newcomers (for fear of anti infiltration) . A lot  of dog lads are rough and ready types . Who can come across as a bit coarse, “I’m trying to be diplomatic “. Because of this the door to the hunting world is closed to them . It’s then a bit like because I can’t get in that club “it’s shit , they’re w@xkers “ . The fact is for most hunt terrier jobs there are a lot of “dog lads “ applying. I personally don’t ride with a hunt or have any desire to , but I love the whole thing , hearing the hounds in full cry , seeing the field tearing across fields , and then the best sound of all that long blast on the horn . I can also say that all the people I’ve come across in hunting have been very nice . We are all on this site   Passionate about our sport , the likes of Barnfield should know better, we must all support each other’s sport . 

And that goes both ways sl, read what Fatman wrote to see the support they were prepared to give terrierwork.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

And that goes both ways sl, read what Fatman wrote to see the support they were prepared to give terrierwork.

They  weren’t saying ban terrier work altogether, just with hounds . Thank the Lord for pheasant shoots ?

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

well here my view on what seems a bitter thread, republicans killed more catholics that the british fact.  def don't agree with what the some of the stuff that happened, but heres another its the irish antis that's trying to ban hunting in Ireland not the british. for a thread about a grass doing damage to hunting lads, the division in the ranks is doing more damage than the antis for they might infight but where it counted they had their sh1t together where we just back stabbed, belittled and took the how mightier than thou stance then wonder what happened and try point finger of blame. and looking at this thread what example does it show the world?  history cant be changed but needs to be laid to rest where the survival of modern day hunting is concerned and we need to stick together and be better prepared to fight to save it

What the f**k has Catholics  got to do with it ya bitter c**t ? hope you've got her permit for your boney in order 

23 minutes ago, Corkman said:

It is important not to miss the point. It's not the likes of those men above that are the problem and they are a rarity.  It's generally only some with a twisted sense of hunting. But when you sit across the table from them and listen to their openly contradictory ole bluff it's fairly difficult to stomach. But at least their consistent as it's fair to say most foot hunters are thought of in the same way. Fact. 

It would be fairly pathetic of any hunter to gloat on the demise of another hunt discipline, but I bet those who get the bigger picture would feel it more than those with narrow minded views. 

And yes Liam. Tom Barry was a legend. 

Is a legend ?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

They  weren’t saying ban terrier work altogether, just with hounds . Thank the Lord for pheasant shoots ?

They would of hung it out to dry in a heartbeat. They were prepared to wipe their hands of it.

• Like 2

The truth is terrier work was always the first option threw on the table by ANTIS and sometimes some of our own when the proverbial hit the fan and stuff was getting serious.. thankfully terrier work is was and always will be the most effective the most efficient and the most humane..when done correctly.. and presented with competence and confidence to the powers to be.. terrier work is in the safest place it has ever been..if C.O.C.s are adhered to everything you are doing is completely LEGAL... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

They would of hung it out to dry in a heartbeat. They were prepared to wipe their hands of it.

So what if they did ? That would be there loss ! Terrier work would survive . I can’t say I’d blame them if meant that they could continue to enjoy what they do . I’m struggling to think of an analogy but it’s a bit like fishermen being told the only way they will be allowed to keep fishing is if they stop drowning maggots . They would probably stop using maggots . Then all the maggot suppliers would be saying what a shower of sh@te fishermen were for not supporting them . 

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Good and bad everywhere in people or religions,  and also the is alot of bad ones as the tell you themselves. Same with dogs or hunting men .good and bad everywhere, just like other trades and things . But as know people want to believe the leader , or bullshit lies , same with when all the antis coming out with there say and lies , they will be heard by people and in the way worled is nowadays and Internet and information. Other than that, things are grand 

13 hours ago, saucydotters said:

What the f**k has Catholics  got to do with it ya bitter c**t ? hope you've got her permit for your boney in order 

Was just thinking the same thing myself,what the f**k has Catholics or the British got to do with this debate??

I definitely think that Julian would be well advised to keep his gob shut and his opinions to himself. No matter what some of the hunting set think or believe, the majority of them know better than to spout off in front of a camera. We all need to remember the countryside marches, where we all stood shoulder to shoulder through the streets of our capital , pheasant shooters , ferret fanciers, Lurcher boys , hunt staff , terrier lads , beaters , you name it . We were all united on those days . Hunting is the thin end of the wedge, once that’s gone they will start on something else . But the reality is that the ban is unworkable and hunting is getting by ... just . With all the loopholes and setting drags , birds of prey you name it  , it will continue, but devisive  remarks like his will only alienate other sportsmen , and I wonder if future marches would be so well attended ?

Edited by shovel leaner
Bad spelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1