Sign in to follow this  
Rusty_terrier

Prices

Anybody got a rough idea or recently had  costs for a loft conversion looking to put 2 bedrooms with velux windows and a small toilet and sink up there. Obviously stairs as well.

• Confused 1

Probably going to be around £25k

will depend on if you have existing attic trusses.

we had it done as had attic trusses and was £15k + vat without putting in toilet etc & not allowing for decoration and flooring.

6 minutes ago, Archi said:

Probably going to be around £25k

will depend on if you have existing attic trusses.

we had it done as had attic trusses and was £15k + vat without putting in toilet etc & not allowing for decoration and flooring.

We are thinking/hoping it was going to cost around the 20k ish mark. Did your 15k plus vat included getting an architect to do plans etc ?

I had it done through my work so although quoted at proper job rates it was done through a building notice rather than planning permission so would have saved some £££ in fees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is one I'm finishing at the moment,14500.00 total cost,6.0meters in lenght X 4 meters wide,6ft2" to the highest part of ceiling.

IMG_20180321_180241.jpg

IMG_20180321_180219.jpg

IMG_20180321_180251.jpg

IMG_20180321_180302.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Had a building company out. They said upto 20 grand depending what architect draws up. He came out the other day and reckon him engineer and building warrant or whatever is about 2 grand. Ours is slightly bigger than the one above . It's a funny shape due to chimneys etc but I had a quick measure and it's roughly 11m by 4 m. From floor  to the point of the roof is 3m. We've asked for 2 bedrooms  and possibly a small toilet if possible don't mind the 2 bedrooms being slightly smaller.  Just see what the architect comes back with. 

Edited by Rusty_terrier

When you get someone to do your plans make sure they have previous experience of doing loft conversions, take particular notice of ceiling height.

Edited by maxwell
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Cheers mate. ive seen some off the atudf the architect and builder have worked on together and it's a good standard of work.  As for ceiling height im 6ft3 so I was worried but architect seems to think it will be fine. He used a digital measure but I done it with a tape measure aswell and the pitch of the roof to the floor in the loft is about 3.2m.

Edited by Rusty_terrier

18 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Had a building company out. They said upto 20 grand depending what architect draws up. He came out the other day and reckon him engineer and building warrant or whatever is about 2 grand. Ours is slightly bigger than the one above . It's a funny shape due to chimneys etc but I had a quick measure and it's roughly 11m by 4 m. From floor  to the point of the roof is 3m. We've asked for 2 bedrooms  and possibly a small toilet if possible don't mind the 2 bedrooms being slightly smaller.  Just see what the architect comes back with. 

If it's 11 meters in lenght you'll need a stanchion up the centre or in and around to support your beam,if you have solid walls below loft you should be ok,if there's studs you'll need a stanchion from ground floor up to attic.let us know how you get on

• Sad 1